Responding to the Severe Damage feedback & release time

This is an interesting change to the severe damage mechanics. I haven’t tested this yet, but now both players (severe damage and finisher) should get a full kill credit, including the service records kill credit.

I know many players wanted it, so here it is. I just wonder will it affect the BR changes. There is a chance more popular planes will increase their BRs in the next BR changes, as their efficiency will increase (they will get more kills than before). Time will tell, but at least the full kill credit matter (which was definitely controversial) has now been resolved.

2 Likes

I doubt it will have any effect. As all it does is fix a feature that was stated to be part of the severe damage system

1 Like

Maybe someone could make this complicated discussion simple for me…when i get a sever damage kill I should be happy because…go…tell me why I should like this.

efficiency isn’t counted on K/D ratios. its based on earned SL/RP per spawn.

2 Likes

for challenges/quests/vehicle skins/etc

You might want to check this post:

So in this example i was rewarded with an inflated mission score - but not with the SL for a kill - i got only 80%…

Yeah, to be honest, after reading their efficiency explanation, this is how I understand this as well.

Just to show what we are talking about here:

Before they wrote this, I was always wondering why SL/RP gains in service records only include SL/RP from actions. SL/RP from mission rewards are not included there. From the players perspective, this doesn’t make sense, because action rewards is just the part of the rewards. And after 2021 economy changes, it’s usually the smaller part too (at least from the RP perspective).

But since they admit they use actions as main balancing factor, this explains why these columns exist in the current form. It even make sense to be honest, because not every vehicle base on pure K:D (e.g. bombers). So while you can compare two fighters by their K:D, it would make no sense to compare a fighter to a bomber purely by their K:D.

So these two columns aren’t very useful for players (they only show partial rewards), but they are used by the devs. What I don’t understand is why these columns include premium account bonuses, in my opinion they shouldn’t. But that’s another topic.

This still doesn’t change the fact the severe damage mechanics affects these stats. But I agree kill credit in the service record doesn’t mean anything, if SL/RP columns are the most important for vehicles balancing.

1 Like

true, but it should affect all vehicles equally.

it means that challenges, quests, vehicle skins and things like that now progress faster for everyone.

This is not correct. For example, let’s think about this situation:

You have a plane with bad guns. In the old system destruction of the enemy plane gave you 100% rewards. In the new system only 80% (so your rewards are reduced). At the same time, it will be very hard for you to finish the target with bad guns.

You have a plane with good guns. In the new system it will be much easier for you to kill the target immediately, and you will also get more opportunities to finish other players targets (and “steal” part of their rewards).

What I’m saying is that some specific planes can increase their efficiency with the severe damage mechanics, and this can lead to their BR changes.

I meant that you are correct and from the BR balancing perspective K:D in the service records shouldn’t matter. Assuming we understand the efficiency in a correct way (based on the quote from my previous post).

2 Likes

Yeah but all that existed before when a kill was just a kill

but now two players get it instead of one. its going to make completion of those faster and easier.

But…here’s a radical thought…i don’t WANT a severe damage kill instead of a full one. And the reason is they are not on my permanent record and if it is not on your permanent record it never happened. in my mind I am getting shagged out of kills and its not like those come so easy to me that I can just give them away to other players. So, no, I don’t think I’m getting a ‘kill’ along with another player. The other player is getting a kill and i am getting nothing worth noting on my service record.

uhm… that is exactly what they changed with the latest update…

Well then something is wrong because severe damage kills are not showing up on my record.

are you on Xbox or Playstation? because those usually get the update like 1-2 weeks later.

No just my home pc

is your client up to date?
If it is and you are still not getting the kill on your record then make a bug report here.

Thank you!

1 Like

That’s a pretty decent idea.
If somebody is shooting at a burning plane - most of the time he’s wasting ammo and trying to killsteal. If it.extinguishes and js visibly capable of RTB, being a danger - fair game.

The biggest problems with severe damage:

• critical hits disappeared and while scoring 12 kills in 1 battle I scored 1 crit. So.we.don’t even know if some decent damage got delivered. I mean I can live with this, but ir’s kinda annoying
  • severe damage is broken, because instead of destroying elevator controls and/or elevator itself, now it’s enough to just make horizontal stabilizer black. Which, in game terms, doesn’t really do anything. It’s hilarious that I can succesfully score 2-3 kills with this condition only to get epsteined by the game once the match ends
  • it encourages astronomic ammo waste. Certain planes have paper tails. Other have tails made of titanium coated with depleted uranium and carbon composite and these just refuse to fall off. So a plane is burning, both wings missing, tail controls missing, black fuselage and it’s still “alive” so killstealers keep diving and firing and usually fail anyway. Hilarious, but then it turns out they dove 2,5km.down, bypassing q Spitfire that flew 1300m below them and about to attack my poor Fw 190. Then said Spitfire dives and kills everyone instead of getting killed in 3 v 1. Great fun indeed.
    Of course killstealers are not valuable players anyway, but this makes them even more useless.
2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t understand how planes that are clearly “destroyed” are not counted destroyed until they finally crash into the count.

No controls, spinning, burning. What’s so hard to determine that the plane is going to crash into the ground after 10-20 seconds?

3 Likes