Removal of Japanese Ho-Ri SPGs from the Research Tree and Sale

Once again, those 3 were field modifications. Also doesn’t matter if the Stug was armed with the 75mm or not; it wasn’t intended to be used for that role. It’s the same with Soviet casemates; many were armed with larger calibers,s including 76mm and late 85 mm and up. But almost all of them were intended for assault forced into the Tank Destroyer role.

Hence->Intended job->Assault Gun.
When needed: Tank Destroyer. (Not its intended job).

I still cannot believe that Gaijin is removing these tanks. I mean, all I know is that they are making money off this somehow and I feel like that is just an unethical practice to remove a vehicle after being in the game for many years just to yank it away when so many other “paper” vehicles are in this game.

2 Likes

Like I already said, this is false.

And this is even falser, as the Soviets doctrinally considered any gun of large calibre (whether self propelled or not!) as perfectly capable of killing tanks, and fully expected them to. This was reflected in training as well. It was no improvisation dictates by wartime conditions or anything.

1 Like

Unfortunately the snail likes to do things to its subjects lol

Indeed.

1 Like

Yeah, personally I think that if the devs have to put in some hard rules, they should just use the suggestion rules for unfinished prototypes. They’re broad enough to allow for pretty much everything that will ever be needed, still require something to be partially built so it will be grounded in reality and generally complete in design, and if there isn’t enough information they can always just not add it anyways until there is, like they denied the very much completed Komatsu 105GSR.

As long as something is at least partially built I don’t think it’s fair to call it fake. It’s still a piece of history, and while not service history like some people like to argue I think it should be help in a similar view to any other unsuccessful prototypes. There are many reasons to cancel a prototype, be it partially or fully made, and all of them are interesting stories that are history, not fiction.

6 Likes

The reload rate, too, is easily adjusted

I also find it funny because Gaijin just dropped the Japanese tech tree in war thunder mobile. Including a premium vehicle—the Ho-Ri Prototype. So obviously they are fine with taking people’s money in that game too. And besides, if it was really “paper” like they say it is, they would never have even added it to the mobile game.

3 Likes

Real answer is they just don’t care.

There is a real, non-paper Ho-Ri that was at least partly built, but the one in game is just a misinterpretation of a wooden mockup that was not even the final iteration of the design.

7 Likes

Problem is that Gaijin also doesn’t really have a set standard. They add whatever they deem appropriate, then justify it afterwards.

I hope Gaijin applies a philosophy similar to mine, for sake of clarity:

8 Likes

I had a match today at 5.7 where I mostly faced blind japan and german players

They were easy to kill

I’m not sure if this was mentioned already but @Stona_WT is there anyway to have WWII camouflages given to both Ho-Ri versions? It’s been so many years and both just have Post war camo options.

Indeed, all of that should be easy. I think, realistically, if you give her the B-37’s historical dispersion, then reload rate won’t matter as much. The B-37’s dispersion, for those who don’t know, makes Littorio’s dispersion look great.

1 Like

Pretty much, since we know the design in-game existed* but didn’t look exactly like such from available blueprints.

állatok GIF - Állatok - Discover & Share GIFs

2 Likes

Ive been playing 6.0 UK the last couple days. Most games have been against Japan and one other nation (usually germany or Russia). The wins have been pretty easy to be honest.

Also been using the very effective bat known as the Spitfire Mk18 to club those poor 6.0 Zeros back to a fair BR one kill at a time, since a Griffin spit is basically untouchable for a Zero.

3 Likes

^This is the only real sorta replacement (JP concept TD for a JP IRL TD), albeit at a higher BR, (8.0 if M392 APDS only and 9.0 if M735 APFSDS ~ like early AGS)

2 Likes

Removal of these vehicles caused japan to have extremely low winrate due to one death leaver fuji players. For the first time in WT history im praying for uptier while playing 12.7

1 Like

Ho-Ri Production and Ho-Ri Prototype will be back in Avenger: Doomsday on December 18

7 Likes

So the solution was to remove those vehicles for new players but not old players.

A solution that achieves neither realism nor fairness.

Really smart move…

4 Likes