Re: Renown

It’s been a good few months since the event, and Renown is still lacking her historical shells (6crh, 4.5-in HE-VT) and historical armor/draft. What gives? This should’ve been rectified by now…

10 Likes

Its British it either takes years to be fixed or never gets fixed. ;)

11 Likes

its british and naval, so it has a very good chance of never being fixed

9 Likes

I think that at least in case of 6crh shells it won’t make a difference. The shell have same mass and filler so the difference is essentially only in the materials and that is something which many of the penetration calculations don’t take into account including the one used by Gaijin.

1 Like

gaijin seems ti give up naval… nothing new stuff on the road map

2 Likes

Yep, even with stuff that is on it. No mention of what was happening with naval with wise to the split air and ground BRs. I even asked about it but never got a response.

3 Likes

that made me feel quite disappointed… I paid lots of time on naval

3 Likes

The 6crh would have much better ballistic characteristics which does being taken into account by the calculator. Using gaijin’s calculator you may expect it to have somewhat similar performance to Mississippi’s AP.

2 Likes

Is there any news on the correct draft for the vessel? It is sitting far too high in the water, which exposes its ammo racks, the main issue I feel.

1 Like

No update that I can tell for now, unfortunately

1 Like

Seems more of the case that there unsure of how to make the Naval interesting. Due to the way its been structured which is similar to ARB(Arcade Realistic Battles a custom gamemode made by the community that played in customs).

1 Like

you have ballistic data with new gun + 6crh? You know, all navweap and googling gives me is average gun+6crh, which is kind of suck for game.

2 Likes

You can check new-gun range tables here: Okun Resource - World War II Naval Gun Armor Penetration Tables - Britain - NavWeaps

2 Likes