Radio altimeter on all planes?

The ability to display radar altitude has been added to the aircraft HUD. Switching between the indicated altitudes is done via “Indicated altitude” parameter in the “Air Battle Settings” category. It is possible to choose just one of the altitude types — either barometric or radar, as well as both of them at the same time.

I think adding the radio altimeter altitude for ALL aircraft, even those that don’t have a radio altimeter, is wrong. I would agree that it might be acceptable for arcade battles, but in realistic and simulation battles it seems completely out of place.

• Add radioaltimeter height only for AB
  • Add radioaltimeter height for all AB planes and RB and SB planes, that have a radio altimeter
  • Leave as is
0 voters
4 Likes

did you plan to give us a list or are we supposed to spend time searching ourselves?

1 Like

List of what?

aircraft that have or do not have radar altimeter

I think developers should take this into account when introducing this feature.

3 Likes

usually players put a bit more effort into these kinds of bug reports.
thats why im asking and i wanna know if this is even that big an issue.
imo it doesnt matter if all planes get it.

warthunder isnt a simulator nor is it realistic

1 Like

Usually developers put a bit more effort when introduce such features. Developers don’t pay me to do their work. And at this point it is not a bug (bug reporter’s response). I want to bring this issue to the community’s attention.

7 Likes

Quality of life feature.
will not be removed

Then we wait for the introduction of CCIP for all aircraft and battle modes. This is also qol-feature.

3 Likes

no

yes

1 Like

usually Bug reporters put any effort into their reports

you didn’t tho, so why should anyone at gaijin bother with your report?

1 Like

It’s not a bug right now. But I am sure that the introduction of this feature in realistic and simulation battles interferes with immersion in the game.

2 Likes

you can turn it off.
hell, if you want you can turn off the HUD.

what most people see here is just a guy wanting to have an advantage over others

Then it would be unfair. Just like if in a simulator battle some players fly in first person view and others in third person.

1 Like

but they dont

Because you can’t fly in SB in third person view.

Added poll to the first post

Yeah, this is absolutely something that only aircraft actually capable of displaying this should get.