R-77s are horrid and the R-77-1 is needed

WTF? the F-22 does use AIM-120C in service. That’s entirely different.

What kind of logic is that?

It’s a joke about the current F-15C using the AIM-120A even though it doesn’t have the mounting capability for it

Ok that is entirely different to the R-77-1 discussion though.

It’s not an analogy at all.

It was a backwards reference to the Su-27SM being designed in 2007 and not having the R-77-1 initially (as it was made in 2010-2011) and being able to use it later.

3 Likes

It still makes no sense. Since there never was a limitation that vehicles only get the weaponry they were introduced with…

We were just giving examples, but I agree the F-22A thing was a tad odd

ER was used by Italy, Germany, Russia, and China before the update and people still complained. The F-14A was pretty much the only thing being used when it was added so the teams were full of them. It’s essentially the same.

Italy & China got ERs long after its hey-day.

Personally, I’d like to see the R-27EA added instead of the R-77-1, wouldn’t be able to argue “it’s too modern” since it’s from the late 80s iirc.

1 Like

Just lets if it will be in game - add 120A, when it is NOT capable to do that and never was in service with it, even at start.
Same with 27SM, was without R-77-1, only R-27ER.

Another paper for soviets. No.

1 Like

That thing don’t even exist or put in service

1 Like

It’s not paper though, it existed.

It existed on paper

Incorrect

On same level as original R-77, that was on Artem. Yes.

It existed in limited quantity for testing, I’ll have to fetch my sources when I get to it.

Still don’t put in any service

Original R-77 also existed, in same way

Does this even matter for War Thunder lol? There’s loads of stuff in game that never made it to service.