Proposal to Improve Germany's Air Tech Tree with Austrian/Swiss Subtree

Now that i think about it, i find it questionable that gaijin gave to France a sub before Germany.

I don’t think adding a subtree that is mostly copy and paste will make anything better for the whole tree.

I would agree if the F4 had better ordinance compared to the competition, the A-10 has aim9ls compared to pretty weak missiles. F4 ICE has the same stuff as others.

The copy paste will happen no matter what. Nato exists and most of it will always be copy paste so we better get used to it.

I can see your point. However, Sweden has many copy/paste German vehicles that make Sweden better. Why shouldn’t Germany have some Swedish copy/paste or American copy/paste, to make it competitive for top-tier like every other nation? Even Japan has an F-15 and F-16 for top tier.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. The F4 can’t go down if AMRAAMs dominate the meta without exacerbating the issue of BR compression. Germany doesn’t need the most meta vehicles every update. At least Germany got the Ice which will be workable this update. Plus the Mig 29 is fine for right now.

2 Likes

Never said that the F4 ICE should go down, completely against it. Germany top tier AIR has to bear for the next few updates, that’s it.

Germany will only have the MiG29 as its best jet until the Eurofighter. Even when everyone gets F18s, you want Germany to still only have the MiG29? Can I ask why?

The F-18s are not better than the F-16. They are a side-line…

I see, but what does that have to do with what I said?

“Germany will only have the MiG29 as its best jet until the Eurofighter. Even when everyone gets F18s, you want Germany to still only have the MiG29? Can I ask why?”

And the problem is? Germany will get the Eurofighter.

Not everyone is getting F-18s. Just like not everyone gets F-16s. Are we going to give the US a sub tree because “everyone” is getting leopards and ItO’s?

1 Like

We won’t get the Eurofighter for a very long time most likely, since its not comparable to anything really until Gen 5 fighters such as the F-22.

And yes, just like everyone got either a F-16 or MiG-29, everyone will get an F18 or an equivalent, its very popular. Why should Germany be the only one without it?

F-22 is a 5th gen, typhoon prolly comes early next year or next year in general. I don’t see them adding the typhoon in the last update of this year, it would require so many planes and a crazy high focus on top tier which has happened in this update already.

I agree, but what would even compete with the Eurofighter? Isn’t it on its own when it comes to power? Far better than the F18, but far inferior to the F22?

su-35 for russia, j-16 for china and F15 (advanced versions of it). The typhoon is good don’t get me wrong, but you can compare it with the planes i listed above and the other Eu deltas.

I really doubt that it will be that long. It will probably come well before the F-22.

Again, the F-18 is equivalent, if not worse than the F-16. I don’t see what the problem is.

I see your point. However, the problem is that Germany doesn’t have anything but a Soviet MiG-29 and a Phantom, fighting more advanced versions of F16s, F18s, and everything else we mentioned.

Let’s say the Typhoon was added. What would it compete with, without being unbalanced?

Also, why do we need a massive gap from the Phantom to Eurofighter?

Other Typhoons probably, or a Su variant, or an F-16 with better missiles… There are only like 4 planes that people play at top tier already.

Once again… the issue is not only that but the game needs to evolve even more, the new gen of IR missiles such as AIM9X, PL-10 and IRIS-T will have to be implemented with these new planes. It requires time.

You think a F16 can compete with a Typhoon?