I’m not sure they mean it to be that realistic, but to just give it a bit more of a “the crew drew it in the field” look.
Personally I’m a function over form guy, so it doesn’t bother me, but I can understand that others really like the visuals of the game and like things like seeing the running paint drops of a spray paint decal and things like that.
What I meant was to take photo/scan from photo. I did not suggested we should sneak into some Museum and do some vandalism :)
IMHO the decal is not large enough to have such details noticeable, and in “spraycan era” decals such thing like paint drops would looks a bit strange (if noticeable in such small scale).
The font used in the decal IMHO re-create hand drawn really well.
Well, I’ve seen pictures and some M60s had these tracks, at least on the sides of the turret. I couldn’t find any pictures of them on the hull.
Honestly, the devs have zero imagination. They could have given the shovel to the Tech Tree version and the mine sweeper to the premium version, which, even if it’s useless, would be a somewhat realistic armor extra, instead of the hull tracks, which I couldn’t find any pictures of.
Of course not, we obviously just meant write it on a length of pipe the same diameter as the barrel! No breaking and entering!
Yeah, I’m just pointing out what I think the OP meant, which is it’s a bit to “precise” for their liking.
That’s the counter point, just because something is a bad idea doesn’t mean it was never done. There are plenty of recent examples of horrifically dangerous misuse of ERA.
The real tank that’s named Predator is in the standard single tone desert camo and only has the name written on the barrel. That is pretty much why the font on the added stuff does not match at all because it was added after.

By the way you can see that even in real life, the crew mounted things on top of the ERA.
I would bet real money that at least once someone sat on ERA while others hit it with hammers to see how high he flew…
Don’t expect realism from these vehicles; they’re just copy-and-paste jobs designed to make money for free. If it were realistic, the first thing it should have is at least M833 ammunition (I wouldn’t even be surprised if it had M900A1), but instead they’ve given it ammunition that’s almost 20 times older than the tank itself. But hey, we already know the “realism” of War Thunder.
Give anyone in the military too much free time and you’ll find that every stupid thing that’s possible gets completed.
Gaijin definitely saw this photo when they were adding all the things on top of the ERA. 1st two tanks in frame here have the tracks on the ERA with the 1st tank in frame having that exact same bag placed on its ERA
What I don’t understand is why they look at several photos, combine them by putting bags and objects that appear in several photos of several different tanks, add camouflage from yet another tank, and sell it to you as an M60A1 RISE (passive) model from the Gulf War, and without carrying Gulf War ammunition.
Simply choose a model, put the skin and equipment it has in the photo on it, and present it as it is, a historical model, and sell it for what it is, a historical model.
You see, that makes too much sense logically. We have to do it another way.
The truth is, the devs are experts at turning what could be something at least somewhat appealing into a disaster. If they had made it realistic and used real ammunition, I would have considered buying it, since I don’t own any high-end American premium models. But since they decided to do it quickly and effortlessly (just a skin with AI), well, whoever wants to buy it can, because I’m not. It’s the same for me as with the Type 61; because it has wood and other weird features, I’m not going to bother buying it.