Power Boat Company 70ft-class Motor Torpedo Boat, INS Lilit (T-210)

Would you like to see this ship added to the game?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Hello everyone! Today I’m going to start suggesting one of the many Torpedo boats Israel operated.

We’re starting of with this one, the Power Boat Company 70ft-class Motor Torpedo Boat, INS Lilit (T-210).

Source: File:MTBTet2101.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

History

Spoiler

The history of this boat, or any other small boat of the early Israeli navy are quite obscure and uneventfull. But I will try my best to put as much information as I can in here.

INS Lilit was bought of the British when they had put their boats out of service. She was very similar to the Vosper boats Israel bought aswell. The biggest difference is the shape of the bridge. But in performance this boat and the Vosper onces were the same.

The ship can be seen being armed with three 20mm autocannons. Something that is interesting about these 20mm guns is that they are Oerlikon autocannons, but not the variant used by the allied forces of WW2. No, instead of those, Israel can be seen using the surplus of 20mm Flak 29 Oerlikon guns left over from Germany after they lost the war.

They are ofcourse identical in performance to the Allied variants. But their mounting is slightly different and it’s a cool little detail I thought I point out.

Two torpedo tubes that can fire German 17.7 inch (450 mm) F5b torpedoes are added to the sides of the ship. And last but not least is ofcourse the cool shark face paint scheme the ship has. Some other Motor Torpedo Boats Israel operated also had shark faces on it, but it was not a standard thing that was done to all boats.

Specifications

Spoiler

Displacement: 43 tons
Length: 70 feet (21,34 meters)
Breadth: 19 feet (5,79 meters)
Draught: 5 feet (1,52 meters)
Machinery: 3 x Packard Gasoline engines
Max speed: 40 knots (74 km/h)
Complement: 16

Armament:
3 x 1 20 mm Oerlikon Flak 29
2 x 1 17.7" (450 mm) F5b Torpedoes

Well that is all for this little boat. Many more suggestions like these to come in the future!

See you on the battlefield!

36fXIdt.jpg
Source: File:T-210MTBLilitBritishMade.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Sources

Spoiler

Main source:
https://www.amutayam.org.il/?CategoryID=590&ArticleID=1144

Secondairy source:
https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/שייטת_הטרפדות

Extra:
Category:INS T-210 - Wikimedia Commons

1 Like