[POLL] Bring back the old Eastern Europe map!

Bring back old Eastern Europe map!

The Eastern Europe map has been a staple in War Thunder for years, and many veteran players know it like the back of their hand. However, recent changes have removed the flanking routes, forcing players into head-on engagements. This change has been particularly challenging for nations like Japan, China, Italy, Sweden, and France, which rely on fast, lightly armored vehicles. With the flanks removed, these nations struggle to compete against heavily armored vehicles in direct confrontations.

Removing flanks should not be allowed. This change has been applied to a lot of maps, making them nearly impossible to play for certain nations.

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
Should gaijin stop altering old maps?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Other
0 voters
4 Likes

Yes and no.

This new Eastern Europe map change is one of the worst I’ve seen in quite a while, but also there are some old maps that could use some improvement and we shouldn’t discount that.

18 Likes

I voted “other” for the “should gaijin stop altering old maps?” because whilst I dont want to be replacing old maps with new variants. WT does have an issue with a lack of maps imo. So making new maps out of old maps would be an easy way to increase the map pool. But the old maps should remain and be just as common in the rotation

Precisely! Not all change is negative, a lot of maps have real problems or might have gotten stale over time and could use some changes.

In the case of (Domination) Eastern Europe, the north side of the river is not used to it’s full potential IMO.

That’s why I propose to relocate the the B zone to the north side of the river.

MapLayout_Domination_EasternEurope_ABRB

I explained my reasoning over in this thread:

Also I made a poll there, where retaining the old layout is an option as well. I’d like to see the community’s perspective on this

8 Likes

+1 This change is really bad.

1 Like

This version seems rather interesting.

1 Like

Eastern Europe was fixed by the addition of rolling hills. I don’t know why they’re changing the map further it works in all variants quite well.

2 Likes

No they should not, because many older maps have large issues. Some are:

Spawncamping behind the spawns on Poland
Too long of sightlines on Eastern Europe, allowing the west spawn to prevent people on the east side from flanking to the south
Small Sinai allows one team to have easy access to the East flank(the other has to run across an open area), which makes it easy to spawn camp
On Advance to Rhine, the entrance to the A point and the east side could be made better
The whole east side of Mozdok could be better, since it is currently quite open and flat

Many maps have issues, Gaijin just needs to fix the right ones, and also do it well.

2 Likes

also in the other category depends on the map and what the change is but i would defently need a POLL for changed maps because it has hapend more than once maps got worse not better Italy and big eastern Europe comes to mind ( instead of one side spawn camping both spawns in the south have a spawn camp competition)

1 Like

Yes and No.

There are a lot of old maps that could benefit from having some additional work done on them, kind of like Ion said before me.

Perfect examples of things that need to be worked on

On top of that, I’d like to see more maps that look different based on the BR range you’re playing on them. Having a modern airliner and massive skyscrapers on (cargo port) a map at 1.0 - 7.0 where Tigers, Panzer 4’s, Early Shermans and KV-1’s fight feels a lil immersion breaking. The same goes for sending 2A7’s T80BVM’s, Type 10’s and Leclercs into a run-down map like Advance to the Rhine, where you look out of place compared to the old buildings.

Would take some time, but something to indicate on the map that your modern tank isn’t fighting on the frontlines of WW2, and rather a more modern conflict, with more modern buildings and cars would be cool!

4 Likes

I think Gaijin should stop giving winter maps all the time, I am SICK of Winter Seversk-13, Winter Ardennes, Winter Poland etc. etc.

Especially because the snow is white as toothpaste or white paper, literally looks like ass and it’s burning my retinas out. Lazy low effort winter reskins (aka slapping a bunch of “White MS Paint colouring”) are not appreciated by me.

And if you have the white camouflage unlocked, your tank is basically invisible, which makes no sense because painting your tank all in one colour should make it more visible.

2 Likes

“Should gaijin stop altering old maps?”
Yesn’t.

No, there should be some alterations to make certain maps fair as other people pointed out, but yes because others like Eastern Europe among other solid maps were fine as-is and they should’ve kept that status-quo for the latter.

1 Like

Does it need a revamp as far as visuals go, yes, do the bridges need to be removed, no, did it really need to be changed in the first place, no, it’s annoying to get killed by someone from that way, but it’s just part of the game.

2 Likes

Maps where the only problems are players having skill issues because a better player flanked them should stay the same but saying no to all changes is even more stupid than destroying the bridges on eastern Europe. Do you want pradesh or sands of sinai to stay in the poor situation they are currently in or have them get a rework that would make them better to play

personally just keep one bridge for both sides

That makes a major chokepoint, easy to cut off and camp

The games map design and game-play has been going downhill fast with the recent map edits they have been doing .

Every single map edit they have done has made the game and game-play worse due to it, bring back the original versions of all the maps. Stop ruining maps by removing flanks or shrinking the overall size/play area of the map and making parts of the map unplayable just because morons in this game that do nothing but press W cant be bothered to understand basic strategy and check their flanks. MAP knowledge/sight lines is a important part of game-play and the devs seem to be dead set to make it irrelevant .

There is another reason most likely why the devs want to make the maps smaller, longer games where the matches are drawn out leads to more rewards for the player. Reducing the play area and closing of the map and making them into a corridor shooter where you can only press W no skill involved benefits them because it leads to shorter games, shorter games = less RP/lions which leads to the player having to spend more time playing the game due to lower rewards thanks to shorter games.

The map changes the devs have been doing is slowly ruining the game if you ask me .
What originally attracted me to the game and has kept me playing all these years were the big maps with many sightlines and avenues of approaching the match in order to win it . Yes there were a few spots that offered a big advantage for both teams on certain maps or needed very slight adjustments to protect spawn areas. But aside from a few maps/spots that needed to be addressed these points of power on the map forced both teams to fight for the advantageous spots on the map like you would in a real conflict. The various sight lines and variety in types of engagements you can have were part of the “map flow or gameplay” that aided in what made this games gameplay so fun.
I find myself spending less time playing this game with these idiotic map changes the devs are doing and im sure this is the case for many others. God forbid a light tank or light armored vehicle or even a heavy MBT can get to a advantageous spot on the map thanks to their map knowledge or committing to a successful flank of the enemy. God forbid players have to actually learn the maps and memorize the different paths on the map and the various lines of sight they should avoid or look out for.

Good job dumbing down your game devs and making it worse overall with these changes , yall clearly dont seem to understand what made this game so attractive to parts of the player-base.

Who is the moron that is deciding these map changes and thinks this is a good idea ? Do you guys play your own game at any BR ? It clearly shows you dont with these map edits/changes you have been doing recently that is ruining this game in my opinion. Every single map you guys have edited has been made worse in my opinion.

No amount of new vehicles or mechanics will help players enjoy the game when you are intentionally forcing frontal engagements with these shit map edits and limiting how a player can approach the battlefield/situation .

3 Likes

This change is mind boggling. I could never have imagined that they could come up with this.
Its already annoying that every single maps hills get covered in “red no go zones”, but this has to be peak catering to the player with the least braincells.

If I ever get this atrocity of a map (if you even can call this a map) i WILL press Alt+F4

Not entirely. There hasn’t been a single one that was universally positive, but there has been a few that made the map better. The main one being adding a second spawnpoint for each side on carpathians, which made the map better by reducing spawncamping and adding variety. However, they also removed an important flanking route when they did that, which detracts from the map.

Completely agree.

1 Like

A could be easily placed in somewhere H6 and C on F5, in the middle of that trenches. Would be a good change and bring back the bridges.

Make Eastern Europe great again!