Polish MiG-29

Poland was looking for a new fighter jet for its air force in 2011. This ultimately resulted in the acquisition of the F16C in 2018, however there is another possibility that is overlooked by many. At that time, Poland wanted to further modify the MiG-29G that they received from Germany into a (more) NATO-compatible fighter jet.

As can be seen from the executive summary of the “Casimir Pulaski Foundation”, this MiG-29 would use the AN/APG-68(V)9 as radar, an older version ((V)7) is already present in the game on the F16C. There are few reports about the RWR, although there are sources that talk about the AN/ALR-94 - but this is highly unlikely.

In terms of weaponry, this MiG-29 would by no means lag behind and would be on a good footing with the current and future top tier.
This new platform offers updates to the HUD, cockpit in general and access to NATO weapon systems.
The original goal here was to provide the MiG-29 Amraam and Aim-9 with opportunities, although whether the ability to use Soviet weapons was lost is unknown.

Since these upgrades were primarily intended for the MiG-29G, it would only be fair to give this aircraft to Germany in the form of a subtechtree or a single event/premium vehicle.

It would be greatly appreciated if more sources about this awesome upgrade project would surface, as it is quite hard to find reliable and informative sources on it.

4 Likes

any information if these upgrades were carried out?

I don’t know from you took this but acquisition of F-16C/D Block 52+ was in 2002, as far as i know there weren’t any plans to replace original radar of MiG-29 with AN/APG-68. There were plans to integrate western armament like AIM-9 to polish MiGs but they were abandoned.

2 Likes

The only “modernization” in polish MiGs-29 was changing IFF, TACAM navigation system etc. Plans for integrate aim-9 and aim-120 died years ago, because it wasn’t neeeded for over 25years old airframe.

3 Likes

polish modernization is just electronics most of which arent implemented in the game
it had better RWR, IRST,HUD,…
most of these changes couldnt be implemented in wt
still, a polish tree would be more unique than china and israel

1 Like

RWR is still SPO-15LM if i remember variant correctly. It wasn’t change and to proof this claim here is cockpit of polish MiG-29 9.12A after that “modernization”

Also HUD wasn’t change

No polish TT would be much worst than china and not unique.

1 Like

Of course it can be implemented, upgrated rwr in higher ranks is great like SPO-15 to L-150 pastel or even better irst

Can you tell us more about that executive summary from “Casimir Pulaski Foundation” ? I can’t find such a source.

This is a “what if” scenario, not a source

1 Like

Thanks for finding it. It didn’t align with what is already known about Polish MiG-29’s. Turns out he lied

Same story as F-16 thread NO just NO it does not belong to german tree the 2PL was already a bad decision by gajin hope it wont happen again

1 Like

it was modernized in 2021 with new HUD and before that with RWR Thompson-CSF SB-14

lmao delusional

2 Likes

Source or nothing happened. MON didn’t modernized their MiGs in 20s

XD!
Poland has maybe 2 domestic jets that could be added to the game, few planes for reserves and 1.3-2.0
Tanks are even worst, there was 2 tanks made by poles others are soviet, british, USA, Korea, and 2 modernizations of T-72M1. Poland would be the shittiest nations in game.

If Poland were to be added then they would be on the same level as Sweden and would definitely be better than China in it’s current form

2 Likes

I stronglly disagree. Poland has only few their own domestic vehicles, some of them are modernizations like PT-91. I think it would be worst then china.

Maybe it could be a new squadron vehicle?

But i think china should get a North Korean MiG-29 not gonna lie

Everything in China below 9.0 is a copy paste basically. With Poland I can already think of multiple vehicles that were only unique to it. Sure you would have copy paste but that’s a given considering we were in the Warsaw Pact and used allied equipment during the war.

1 Like