PLZ-83 (130) - An Upgunned Export

Ye tru, I wouldnt want to pay to play it. Please make it a tech tree vehicle, a fun vehicle like this shouldnt be locked behind a pay wall

5 Likes

It will be a Chinese obj.120, but using aphe, nice to see it.

3 Likes

Any info on the shells, it used/can use?

Russian wikipedia has a list of all the shells, as well as some foreign ones (incl. Chinese ones). It has a multitude of HE rounds, but also APHE rounds penetrating ~250mm at 0m.

1 Like

Same ones as the Russian IS-7 and Object 279 pretty much.

Using Gaijin’s calculator, it has 328mm pen at point blank.

It fires the IS-7’s shell, but at 930 m/s instead of 900, so it has a bit more pen.

5 Likes

+1, would be a great 7.0-7.7 vehicle with a great gun and good mobility, but lacking in reload speed, armor, traverse speed etc

Yea sadly, Gaijin will consider this as the premium alternative to the techtree PLZ-83/PTZ-89

THAT IS AWESOME!!! My urge to play this vehicle has just intensified. Please be in tech tree. With that gun it would be a good br 6.3 or 6.7 tank destroyer, really looking foward to frontally penning T-95 players and seeing their jaw drop XD

1 Like

Yeah, could be around that BR.
Tho it won’t really pen a T95 from longer ranges, but at close, you definately can troll them.

EDIT:
What’s even better is, that this would actually frontally pen a Tiger 2 upper plate (even the IS-7 can, and this has more pen)

Congratulations, Eugen!

7 Likes

Or a event one like we get it lul

1 Like

Honestly, guys … is it worth the grind or do you guys much prefer it as BP or as premium?
For me its a really cool vehicle … but it was obvious that Gaijin was not going to add this rare variant in the TT.

WTF?!
Its HE only?!

https://img-forum-wt-com.cdn.gaijin.net/original/3X/7/b/7b8825bc154984eda659f1fd83b2de930f0946e6.jpeg

Oof! I might just pass because of that. Shame though, I hope they change it.

But if you pass for now and they add the AP shells later?
Then?

Its okayish, would been nice if also players could get it which dont have the market but since a event one, its a now or never

Regarding ammo
Will see if something has changed next week with the vehicle blog

Ayo what. I just woke up. Holy damn.

1 Like

PLZ 83-130 will have APHE, HE, and HE-VT.

21 Likes

Thank you so much,
here’s an extra magazine for you:

acu-74_1386_detail

5 Likes