Please return the SA server checkbox

If you select AUTO you will be connected to that server on first place.
Auto is best option for any player.

Have to disagree for a couple of reasons.
If auto is best then it would be a separate option that could be selected by all players or alternatively a forceed option for all players Ie. your server will be selected automatically for everyone.
That it’s a forced option specifically for SA - and only SA - suggests it is about funneling the SA playerbase onto other servers.
Wouldn’t surprise me if this wasn’t a trial to see how much of a fuss was kicked up - if the complaints are limited and people accept playing on non-SA servers then Gaijin can focus on their northern hemisphere market and maybe wind back or shut down the SA servers.
Your statement also depends on your goal - if getting into a game is all you care about then sure fine.
If your goal is to play a game you enjoy with a reasonably stable connection then I’d rather wait for a suitable amount of players on the SA server every time. At certain times of the day if I don’t get a game on SA that is preferable for me to playing on any of the other servers because I know the connection will be flaky even if the WarThunder client thinks otherwise.

2 Likes

No, AUTO is not the best option for any player. Australian players are being forced to either not play or try to play with unplayable ping on because we’re being forced onto US servers.
And I know for a fact you are region filtering.
If auto is allocating me to US and SA queues, I can quit the game, turn on my VPN and set the region to Japan, restart the game, and auto will allocate me to SA only.
I can then shut down my VPN connection and join the SA queue.
The claim that it is based on player numbers is an absolute lie.

All Australian players are asking for is to not be allocated to the US queue so we can actually play the game.

3 Likes

And here is absolute proof positive that queue allocation has nothing to do with player count:
Starting the game client without VPN running:

Starting the game client with VPN connection active:

I can switch back and forth all day just by having my VPN on or off when the game client starts. I understand that you’re only relying what information you have been given, but the information you have been given is absolutely untrue.
We in Australia are not being allocated according to player count or ping, we’re being assigned according to our region and we’re being assigned to a region that is unplayable.

3 Likes

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, Will try starting game with vpn to force (auto) to be limited to SA servers, and as said above, the “best” for a player depends on what they want, be it a minimum queue times, or sacrificing a longer queue for a better connection, having an IR missile launch detection delayed by 250ms+ at short range is a death sentence.

2 Likes

No worries at all mate. Just remember: once the game client has started, turn your VPN off.
Auto will still stay on SA only. It will not change until you close the client and restart it.

Which again just goes to show queue allocation for auto has nothing to do with ping or player count, because it’s only being evaluated on the initial client login and never updates after that.

2 Likes

which vpn do you recommend?
(preferably free)

that seems like it is most likely the case
gaijin really looks like they want to kill the contract they have with DMM asap (and i am so glad)

Free = Your data is going through some random chinese server and monitored/collected/stored

(not like there arent paid ones that do the same but its mostly the free ones)