Planned Progression Changes in November

I have nothing but respect for what Stona and the Devs are trying to archive and the new rules are great and long overdue but the big issues are glaring and old.

I fully understand this is OT.Apologies

weird comparison as usually i can simply change the store and still get the same product if one store doesnt offer goodwill to existing customers.

1 Like

Could we also see RP gains for coastal boats increased? Spading them takes way longer than any other vehicle relative to rank.

1 Like

Isn’t that rework planned for later? Pretty sure its in the roadmap

This is a really good change, I’m glad it finally happened.

End of line tank reductions is a welcome sight, War thunder has grown in size so much in terms of vehicle count anything to help the players have a genuine feel of progression is always a positive… now … add some more sppa’s to research too XD

1 Like

Yes but when fix naval? Takes me weeks to research one rank IV ship.
Also helicopter. Imagine grinding the Japanese TT with just the UH-1 with 38 hydras.

I’m guessing that’s slanted for the next update in December

This is AMAZING news, an unexpected surprise, and a very welcome one!!!

For a very long time, I hadn’t been bothering with these vehicles for this reason. Finally, my interest for them is back!

Thank you for these changes!

1 Like

@Stona_WT will partially researched modifications be unlocked instantly if the progress exceeds the updated RP requirement?
And will the excess RP that was there be become available for researching other modifications?

Very nice changes by the way

1 Like

@Stona_WT could it also be time to rework BR of High end Jet Era?

From 8.3 to 12.3 currently in order to reset it on the form of 8.3 to 13.0 (minimal) or even up to 13.7 (objective)

The compression of aircrafts in those BR is so impactful for those aircrafts stated to be too good to be lowered, but to bad to be played.

The diversity is reduced to META fighter on Strategic BRs

5 Likes

god dammit

Great news, I was holding off on playing chinese 11.7 tanks and the ZTL-11 because of the increased module RP costs. With the inflated RP requirements gone I might actually try playing these vehicles. I’m glad the developers finally realized the positive effects of this change

1 Like
  1. Yes
  2. No
2 Likes

MINOR? MINOR UPDATE? THIS IS HUGE. I’ve been saying this for 4+ years, end of the line modification cost is the worst thing in WT, being incapable of doing much for like 150-300 matches is insufferable. I CAN’T WAIT.

2 Likes

@Stona_WT
I guess this will also mean the bonus RP for researching an entire modification tier will also be reduced fot endline vehicles?

Not soo weird actually.

Black Friday coming up, with discounts all over the place, also for same/similar products in different stores. My analogy works on Black Friday phenomenon too… ;-)

Comparing a sale (or physical good) to a change in software is an unfitting comparison. There is a big difference between a having one vendor who contrls said software making changes and one store selling a good that is available in the exact same way at multiple vendors.

Btw can you maybe explain how i researched a modification for a chinese plane with a german bomber? As your support claims that is what happened and their data is correct.

1 Like

Yes, it’s calculated from modifications cost, so if modifications goes down, same is for bonus for finishing whole row.

1 Like

Imagine if somebody has decided to research the vehicle because it’s cheap, and when he will only have around 60-80k points left, the cost will get 4x’ed

not personal experience, no no