Planned Battle Rating Changes for October 2024

havent had that issue myself ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly they keep bumping it in BR, im starting to think well never see any other CV90120 models lol. Gues we are forever stuck with the early 2000 model

R-73s*

and its 4-6x R-73s and/or 4-6x R-27ERs. (10 total)

(So it can carry as many IRCCM missiles as the F-16 and then take 4x SARH ontop of that)

R-27ERs are easily the best SARH in game currently (and can even quite happily take on AMRAAM if used right)
R-73s are better than the Aim-9M in a dogfight, especially as the Su-27 has the HMD and can fully utelise the R-73s strenghts.

Su-27 is going down to 13.0, which might be a mistake actually, but easily claps an F-16 with only Aim-9M so long as you dont play to the F-16s strengths.

Mig-29SMT might be weaker than the Su-27 in some respects, but the Su-27 doesnt have R-77s and I really dont want to be fighting R-77s fired from a supersonic platform in something like the Phantom FGR2 with only 90 CMs, a weak RWR and only Skyflash DFs.

1 Like

Nah needs to go to 10.7.

Yes KV-1E should definitely go up BR but not as drastically, I’d put it at 4.3 and see what it does, after all you will face panthers there so there will definitely be more of a challenge to it, but I don’t understand what you mean by kv1B, the German one is 5.0 and that’s honestly really fitting, the Sweden one is going down already so what’s the point?

Ground realistic battles, HSTV-L 11.7 > 11.0 (or 11.3)

The XM885 round simply does not have enough pen or spalling to contend againt the likes of Leopard 2A7s and Strv 122s, shooting at targets with composite armour means if you dont hit the EXACT placement of crew members then you will do no damage. Having a 1.5 second reload rate doesn’t compare to the 2S38’s 0.5 second reload with comparible penetration and spalling yet firing ammunition with over twice the mass, this means that the 2S38 is far more capable at killing targets from the side yet the 2S38 currently cannot face the HSTV-L in the current matchmaker even though they are extremely comparable if not counterparts in the Russian and US tech trees. In fact it is extremely common to see players purposely bringing the 2S38 to current 11.3 battles, yet it is at a BR 1.3 lower than the HSTV-L

The HSTV-L may have higher mobility and better gun handling, making it more suited for tank on tank combat, even with the addition of XM884 it’s multi-purpose capability pales in comparison to the 2S38 due to the extremely limited ammo capacity of the HSTV-L meaning that realistically you can only bring 2-3 rounds of XM884 and still be effective against tanks throughout the battle. If the HSTV-L’s XM885 round was buffed to the historical like M774 performance then I believe it would be fine at the current BR proposal, as with the additional penetration it will be more apt to deal with the likes of the leopard 2A7 frontally, making the same weakspots slightly larger and more reliable to penetrate.

Lowering the HSTV-L’s BR will not negatively affect many tanks, to my knowledge there arent currently many tanks that are at 10.0 where XM885 will out strongly out perform 3UBM22 (2S38 apfsds), meaning both tanks still must aim for the same weak spots. For example with the T-80B and T-72B series of tanks there are no additional weakspots to aim for in comparison to the later T-80 and T-72s series of tanks. Also to note is the extreme prevalence of autocannons at BR 10.0 which is the main counter to the HSTV-L meaning it is even less likely to have a negative impact on other vehicles and players experience whilst also making the HSTV-L less likely to face BR 12.0 vehicles and thus more balanced and enjoyable to play, whilst not overperforming.

Someone feel free to let me know if I am missing anything that I am oblivious to that may make this change problematic.

6 Likes

That’s true, but things like the SU-24M, SU-25Ts, SU-39s, SU-27SM etc… all get KH-29Ts and KAB-500KRs.

Air RB, su-22m3 11.7 > 11.3
Reason: the plane has no countermeasures to chaff off anny missle at its br you can only chaff 3 times or flare 3 times this makes it impossible to stay alive in RB when there are loads of radar missles

They already stated that the KV-1B will never be added to finland as it would devalue it from german players that have it which is why they added a DOA KV-1A to finland which is useless and has no lineup and has worse armor than the german KV-1C despite the evidence being the opposite but im not staff so idk.

AMX A-1A 11.3(Arb,Grb)> 10.7: way worse bomb load and worse cannons then AMX
MAA-1 is not better then Aim9-L cuz it has smaller circel + fly stright for like 1sec making it almost the same as the Aim9L

BuT iT HaVe EeGs some ppl might say but they have never tried eegs with the LITENING lock being required! It’s a disaster, the target go above the camera for 1milisec you lose the lock and need to relock with the LITENING and by that time it’s to late! If it was radar eegs it would be fine totally fine

1 Like

f8u 10>10.7

the crusader has superior agility to the a-5c, it has far superior countermeasure suite, generally equivalent speed and missile performance but with double the complement. if you consider the a-5c meriting 10.7 then the crusader has to go up.

2 Likes

It would make zill sense giving it the same br as the F8E. And no, moving the 8E to 11.0 would just make it worse.

the one you believe as kv1b is not… is the kv1c with the 75 german cannon…
the kv1b is a premium 4.0 that was in an old event… and is a op vehicle… cause faces 3.0… most of the time. and that tank is the same exactly with the KV1 E the soviet… cause is the Finnish one…one captured and used from Finland in ww2

F-14B at 13.0 needs AIM-9Ms

Thats shows it needed ;)

SKR1, SKR7: 4.3 > 4.7

These ships took the lead in every battle, and other destroyers and frigates were completely unable to engage them in a head-on battle.

3 Likes

just being harder to spot wont help if you can’t effectively shoot down CAS, which is either out of range, too close or easily defeats the missile with flares or just by turning. and im not just comparing it to the Gepard 1A2. for example other nations 9.3 IR SAM are arguably more effective than the Ozelot and some of them also have Cannons. i just dont think that it deserves to be at 9.7 with how it and Stingers are currently implemented.

lol HSTVL is superior in every way.
All of 2S38’s comparable vehicles are moved down: CV9040C.

2S38 is inferior in all but thermal generation.
Stop riding Russia.
I’ll have proper feedback in a future post.
The ground changes are all excellent for the vehicles changed.

My bad I meant the R-73.
I still think SU-27 shouldn’t be moved. You underestimate how terrible the MiG-29SMT FM and R-77 is the worst fox-3 missile, but it’s probably better overall not to move it down not to compress 12.0 ( which is Gaijin already doing but whatever).

Would take SU-27 over it if they were the same BR.

Countermeasures do next to nothing in stopping Fox 3s. And considering the low speed of the A-10C, it would be a sitting duck for any of them. Gaijin themselves have already pointed out the A-10s and Su-25s are already sitting low in terms of their efficiency. Moving them up would tank them.