Planned Battle Rating changes for April 2024

Just gonna warn you, you could argue the most blatantly obvious of facts and Alvis will just ignore you. The guy tried to say the SKR-7 had gone up in BR in the last BR changes, and its rockets only had a range of 1,500 metres. When I presented him with the last BR Changes (January) and lo and behold, it didn’t go up, he accused me of “Gaslighting the WT Community” when that was precisely what he was doing… intentional or not he was incorrect and I pulled him up on it.

He will argue black is white, just don’t bother.

1 Like

Doesnt matter if they like them, it matters if they try to find ways to play it if it were to happen, because the A-10 even without 9Ls is a very good vehicle from my experience

1 Like

Not to mention a number of 9.0s don’t have flares. Hunter F.1, J29F, Super Mystere B2, Etendard IVM, F-2 Sabre, MiG-17… being a notable example

Which in practice means unless you have a teammate, you cannot attack an A-10.

5 Likes

I mean at 10.0 most jet should have cm alr, if not bring some rockets and if that doesn’t work still then 9bs or r3s are pretty reliable as shooting down 9Ls. + Most subsonic got moved down alr so there shouldn’t be an issue. Again this is from my own experience so others may differ.

At this point idk if he is a paid gaijin shills or is that mental

Dunno but he doesn’t like being pulled up on being wrong.

Like factually wrong. The SKR-7 was not moved at all last BR changes. I’m not even sure whether it’s been moved in its lifetime.

Not the subjective/possibly true garbage about the “2S38 performing statistically worse than the Strv 9040C” debate.
An actual fact. One that is quickly and easily provable.
If anyone doubts, here u go: The developers want to increase the BR of the Folaga and Albatros, but keep the Russian OP ships still at their low BR as SKR-7 and SKR-1 the balance is totally unbalanced towards the Russian ships - #17 by Firestarter (Disclaimer, he edited his original post after I pointed out his error.)

The disadvantage of not being able to do anything about planes also makes it into an advantage that they aren’t your problem, you aren’t juggling roles.

I find 2S38 struggles against pilots doing even mild evasion at distances above say 2km. Planes have to actively try to die to you.

It’s not like a M247 which spits 5 proxy shells a second with basically 0 overheat. (Also 260g of filler in the SAPHEI shell so you can overpressure kill even tanks like T-35 with a single shell.)

Having to be both light tank and SPAA whilst not really succeeding at either is kind of bad, the BR suffers.

1 Like

Except having the ability to defend yourself when a plane is actively trying to bomb is a good thing
And uh last time i checked, plane can kills ground so they are still your problem.

1 Like

I mean yes but I think what Trista is saying is players end up playing the 2S38, see its dual purpose, try to be jack of all trades for their team and become master at none. Thereby making them less effective because they haven’t learnt how best to conduct, say, Air Defence.

At least that’s what I interpret him to be saying, I’m sure he’ll correct me if I’ve been too liberal with his words.

Sure, although a pilot with normal experience won’t let you shoot them down.

My point is it’s more on your plate which can get in the way during crucial moments as a type of distraction.

1 Like

I interpeted him as saying the 2s38 isn’t good as anti air or ground so it doesn’t really do well at it own br. Maybe I’m wrong but i kinda get that vibe.
Also i think ppls don’t really think much about their roles in the match no? They would shoot at most things that give them sl rather than using it in one specific roles.

Yup, I very much agree.

Even if they weren’t to use your suggestion, they could’ve added a box you could check off if you wanted to be up/downtiered to reduce waiting time or whatever. Anything else is just forcing us to play with their useless BR system, that should’ve been overhauled ages ago.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone would be stupid enough to goes for air when there are enemies ahead of them, the distraction or should i say temptation isn’t that big of a factor of the vehicles performance and more of a skill issue.

there is only 1 less aircraft at 7.3, with each 7.3 being more played than any 6.3 maybe bar the P-51H, and F8F-1B

6.3 aircraft (12 total, 10 unique): P-51H-5, F8F-1B, A-1H, F7F-3, F7F-1, Ta 152 C-3, Ar 234 B-2, Yak-15P, Strikemaster Mk.88, Ki-84 hei, G.56 and F8F-1B (France)

7.3 aircraft (11 Total, 6 unique): F2H-2, Me 262 A-1a, Me 262 A-1a/U1, Ar 234 C-3, MiG-9, MiG-9(Late), Su-11, Meteor F Mk 3, Sea Meteor F Mk.3, MiG-9 (China) and MiG-9 (Late) (China)

you point is null and void

oh no you can dodge something that turns much much worse, congratulations, now how many have you killed in a 8.3, or 8.7? and don’t include the level 12s that try and turnfight in it

well done, you can dodge something equally tiered, now try and Dodge a MiG-15 consantly and then kill it in a Spitfire Mk.24 or Kikka, or Me 262 A

Thats the Mk.22, the P-51H is an equal to the 24 is played properly,

trying to compare them 2 cases is ludicrous, the F-104 is teh worst if not the 2nd worst turning jet in the the whole game, and the MiG-15 is quite manoeverable, when compared to a props it is nothing like the F-104 to the MiG-17 which is just a better MiG-15,

saying that a MiG-15 is not manoeverable enough to take home an energy advantage over a prop is mental, that is like saying the Fw 190s should never work, or any model of the P-47s, and atleast the Fw 190 works quite well, Comparing a Fw 190 to a Zero is the equivalent of comparing a MiG-15 to a prop, and in your case your saying the Zero should never die and eventually win all engagements.

I do hope Defyn speaks to you

7 Likes

No point in replying to him lol, he would just reply back with some stupid takes and gaslight you all the way.

7 Likes

I mean, it can hit weakspots as much as any other tank, but it can’t pen most frontal armour arrays aside from that. I don’t know whether that’s why people struggle with it (I don’t think it is that on its own, as the Strv 9040 gets a decent amount of kills with the gun from what I’ve seen)

I’m not really sure. I’d put it down to players but… no one has any way of proving that or not, and that’s presumably why it isn’t going up.

Bold of you to assume Defyn would expend his time on Alvis.

2 Likes

maybe save this for Air RB EC,

for context my vision for Air RB EC is bassically Simulator with RB controls

yep, indirectly saying we are skill issues for dying to F-104s in subsonics is interesting at least

You might think you’re alone, then go for planes only to get jumped, or just sit back and watch the skies instead of being aggressive.

But in any case the most useful shell is the APHE, not the APFSDS.

2S38 IMHO is overhyped and overcomplained about for being Soviet. The comparisons to HSTV-L are just a delusion and fever dream. It’s so much worse.