Planned Battle Rating changes for April 2024

Whilst it’s good that via your personal experience the vehicle can function at 7.7, bringing it to that BR means it can face the bmp-2, an subjective hard counter to the FOX in many ways if we only focus on what each brings to the table.

Also are you basing your personal ability to do well at 7.7 around the fact that you already had the SABOT rounds or are you insinuating that you got a 7.0 vehicle and uptiered it to face the 7.7 ∓1.0 br enemies and were capable of grinding it out even with that kind of disadvantage over how it is currently?

Cause for people who aren’t you and don’t currently have the fox, they are going to have to grind out that vehicle with it now going up by 0.7. Or is that not a problem from your perspective owing to the fact that you’ve already become quite capable in it via your own words. (Kinda sounds like what has happened with the french TT with already quite tepid vehicles being made worse via overtiering.)

I don’t personally disagree with it going up A br bracket in fact I actually want it to, but to make it go up by two in a single balance patch is quite the leap for such a squishy tank.
Just genuinely want to hear your reasoning.

It is not superior to the 3.7 M4 sherman because it does not get a stabilizer, nor does it get APHE (which is much better and more reliable than HEAT despite HEAT having ~30 more pen). The Reload on the M4 is much faster than the M4A3 (105) as well as having a much much better horizontal drive speed, though the M4A3 (105) mobility and armour is superior. The M4A3 (105) can go to 3.3, but it’s definitely starting to get outclassed at 3.7. Reminder that the armour on the M4A3 (105) can pretty easily be penned by the Panzer IVs, making its only real upside is its better penetration (for the lack of post-pen damage, and reload).

HSTVL is double the accel speed, and 30KPH faster. That alone is a 0.7 BR difference seeing BT5 and BT-7M as one example. The 26%ish more pen adds another 0.3.
HSTVL is also slightly smaller, better gun handling, and vastly superior FOV in its optics.
Anti-air doesn’t make the 2S38 better at the BR it’s currently at, since its equivalents in SPAA capability are lower in BR, with one superior to its SPAA capability at its BR.

1 Like

And it still dont matter cause there is nothing the 2S38 does so much better than its counterparts which would warrant a move up in Br. So you are welcome to look at my stats as much as you want.
Again, many threads and reddit post have been made about this already and not once did the whiners manage to state a proper argument that stood the test.Not even you.
Iam very visibly not alone with my sentiment.

And P.S buddy. I think my K/D is fine, I am content with it, its nice and organic and has not much to do with you all not being able to bring up even a single point in the 2S38’s characteristics, performance over its counterparts at and belllow its BR, that warrants a br increase.

Except the 2S38 have better thermals, IRST Tracking, HEVT, almost triple the HSTV-L ROF which null any advantage the HSTV-L have with it tiny amounts of extra pen, lots more ammo and an unmanned turret.
Let not mention the facts that the HSTV-L apdsfs spalling still suck, XM884 HE-VT and higher pen than M-774 apdsfs Delta 6 rounds still isn’t here while there are multiple documents stating that the gun supports it, the hull layout that is literally filled with ammo. 2S38 is a 10.3 - 10.7 vehicle at 10.0
Also comparing the 2S38 with SPAA at the same br doesn’t really work since it is literally a better OTOMATIC with no apdsfs limit.

5 Likes

Any ETA When we can exspect the updated BR changes?

Thermals matter most in forests and that’s about it.
IR tracking doesn’t impact its BR as 2S38 is 10.0, not 9.0.
ROF doesn’t mean much when its first stage is the same amount as HSTVL’s ammo capacity.
Weird of you to imply that 2S38 only has a tiny bit more pen than the Strf 9040C.
It’s a worse OTOMATIC. And APFSDS limit isn’t arbitrary.

You even admit that 2S38’s “APFSDS spalling” is trash.

But you did agree with me that 2S38 should be 10.3, so not sure why you made stuff up about it.

1 Like

A vehicle with similar armament in Italy is on 11.3

The Otomatic is much worse than the 2S38 It has only 12 APFSDS and is large and sluggish when travelling.
The only advantage is a radar.
However, this cannot be the reason for such a BR difference when the 2S38 is far better in all other respects.

So if the Otomatic is at 11.3, the 2S38 should be at least at 10.7 if not 11.0 as it is a much better armoured destroyer with the same AA capabilities

They will likely release updated proposition based on feedback, before they implement it.

Not just likely, they will but the question is when the devs take a look at it

OTOMATIC has DM23 equivalent ammo, that’s why it’s 11.3. People kept doing too well in it.
OTOMATIC is a 9.7 - 10.3 SPAA at 11.3 purely due to its APFSDS round.
2S38 is a 9.3 SPAA at 10.X purely due to its APFSDS round.

2S38 should be 10.3, and its sister Strf 9040C should remain 10.0.

1 Like

Ki 200 is still a very good jet tho

So Russian t34 should go up for reasons but swedish not very funny

Is this genuine mistranslation or are you trying to put words in my mouth?

Thermals matter most in forests and that’s about it.

Sure, whatever everyone opinions are different about thermal sight usage but the HSTV-L still have worse gen thermals

IR tracking doesn’t impact its BR as 2S38 is 10.0, not 9.0.

Combined with it HEVT rounds which means a 4 km no fly zone anywhere near it.

ROF doesn’t mean much when its first stage is the same amount as HSTVL’s ammo capacity.

Except that the HSTV-L take ages to reload the ready racks while the 2S38 don’t.

Weird of you to imply that 2S38 only has a tiny bit more pen than the Strf 9040C.

Weird that you mention the 9040C while i don’t, the HSTV-L basically have no post pen especially now that spall liner are a thing in game.

It’s a worse OTOMATIC. And APFSDS limit isn’t arbitrary.

It’s not and idk what give you that idea but there are alr a bunch of posts about that so i won’t touch on it here.

You even admit that 2S38’s “APFSDS spalling” is trash.

I didn’t but i do admit that it doesn’t have spalling but make up for it with it ROF which is triple that of the HSTV-L .

But you did agree with me that 2S38 should be 10.3, so not sure why you made stuff up about it.

Uh what? Make what up? All I’m stating is facts that have been known for a really long times within the community, also i suppose we just gonna ignore the plethora of posts and ytbers saying that the 2S38 is broken.
Also i don’t touch on this but it also get HEVT which irl should works the same as the AHEAD rounds that the PUMA have but guess which one get it and which one don’t.

4 Likes

M247 and VEAK have HEVT at 8.7 and 9.0.
57mm HEVT is slightly better, hence 9.3 SPAA capability.
HSTVL doesn’t have a ready rack, I also haven’t gone below 13 rounds in the HSTVL yet, and I had a 5 kill match the other day.
In percentage, 2S38 has as much more pen over the Strf 9040C as HSTVL has over 2S38.

Implying that 9.3 SPAA capabilities matter for a 10.0 tank is making stuff up, cause it doesn’t matter. It’s irrelevant information.

What is the reason for a BR adjustment of the AMX that I can not understand in any way.
The airframe is already too high on 10.3 in BR and only because of the missiles there.
You destroy an entire playable Groundforce 10.3 lineup and it has no place on the next 11.3 lineup, where it is massively inferior to everything else.

So if this is about the ground attack potential, why aren’t all the other nations also adjusted?
Here are just the initial BRs of the respective nations with corresponding ammunition.

Israel TV bombs from 8.7 + TV missiles from 9.3
France laser bombs from 10.0 and laser missiles from 10.3
China laser bomb 9.7
britain laser bomb and rocket at 10.3
russia laser rocket 10.3
Germany TV rockets at 9.3
USA TV rockets and laser bombs at 10.3

So since all other nations already have this armament much earlier or at the same level, why is the AMX for Italy raised to 10.7? or why aren’t all others raised as well?

1 Like

AMX is the best transonic 10.3 in the game. It very much deserves 10.7 from the damage it does in air RB.

Not sure why you mention ground RB stuff when the BR isn’t being increased based on that.
The only jet in the last 2 years increased due to ground RB was A-6E TRAM and it took half a year I think for it to increase.

It is basically an a6 tram but better in almost every way and not a prem so it have to go 10.7

We don`t have separate BR at the moment so i have to bring it here.
I play ground force and not fly.
And for ground you destroy a complete Lineup.
Now you have bring at 10.3 old shit without rockets and guided ammunition and no flairs.
You best usable part ist now a 8,7 plane since the G91 have high wing rip problems with some bombs on it.

If you flyboys men a AMX airfraim who rip his wing in every 2-3 match with only 2x 9L is ok at 10.7 than play it.
I saw nearly no one who play it there in my many fly outs.
Maybe because nobody plays Italy at this tier
And only because of Hungary, now some are coming back

2 Likes

Then you play 10.7 ground, or you leave AMX out of your lineup until June.
Cause leaving AMX at 10.3 where it’s OP isn’t a good solution.

1 Like