PLAAF General Discussion

Also there have been official reports about WS-15 mass production so we can expect them on the J-20As:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Huh, did not knew J-20 have external hardpoints (unless those two missiles under side missiles bays were put there just as weight imitators)

The J-20 can put PL-10s from the lateral bays on the “mounts” that hold the missile while the bay closes itself. Those aren’t pre mounted missiles, simply the previously stored missiles ready to be fired.

Spoiler

The J-20 also has 4 hardpoints for 4 fuel tanks:

Spoiler

Although this is just a toy we’ve seen photos of the double pylons mounted on J-20s so we could see something like this in a beast mode scenario:

Spoiler

3 Likes

Ooh, now that’s interesting, thanks for the info

1 Like

Don’t think it can mount 6 missiles in the bay like that

PL 15 is huge even compared to ARAAM, so in theory no, but external pylons could allow more.

China is actively developing PL-15s with retractable fins to save more space and therefore fit 6 PL-15 in the main bay.

2 Likes

Neat

1 Like

Since we might see a further version of the JH-7A these are some of the weapons/pods i would love to see:

Spoiler

(low vis markings)

This pod is supposed to be a data linker for the KD-88 missile (shown in the previous pics)

The pod is AKK-802K

1 Like

Fat chance

Are these 250kg bombs or 500kg? 250kg currently barely kills ABRAMS even landing on their head.

I usually always kill with 250s but I advice to shift the bomb to the side, this avoids the bug that only hits the commander machine gun and generally always kills.

1 Like

I wonder if they’ll add certain versions of the aircrafts such as this J-11BHG, maybe the J-11BG could be the standard tech tree version the the BHG could be a squadron vehicle or a premium later on when we reach 5th gens?

Spoiler

I don’t have it yet but Q5L should be similar… I mean why can’t I do a base with 2 500kg and 6 250, it should be 10 250s for a base right? I have to use the larger 500kg with 300kg explosive to do a base.

I think it is very likely as it involves very little development work for Gaijin. Juse change the radar, armament and the nose color from J-11B.

It would simply need a little bit of work with the camo since they have different markings and colors (low-vis)

Another pic of the Fujian with (from left to right) KJ-600 AEWC, J-15, JL-15 trainer and lastly J-35 mockups:

Spoiler

With the new leak list being revealed, it looks like we’re getting a jf17, but it might be a squadron vehicle. That’s like finding out you have a son, and now you have to go bail him out of prison.