Performance of Romanian 75mm Reșița anti-tank cannon?

I have recently proposed a detailed suggestion to add a Romanian Mareşal chasseur de chars on local Russian forum, however, the voters and me have got a lot of questions on it’s gun performance.

I have used mainly ru-wikipedia and en-wikipedia for my sources, as I couldn’t find other ones where performance would be described.

English wiki states that the gun fired a 6,6kg 75-mm AP shell comparable to the German PzGr.39. What’s the most confusing is the information that it had muzzle velocity of 1 030 m/s, which is too high for a same L/48 gun and even APCR ammo (read Ru-wiki section below) for it.
One of the voters dropped an interesting comparison, which I have yet to prove with proper blueprint or especially a photograph. Here it is, featuring British, German, and most importantly Romanian AP called Costinescu, third from the left.

Spoiler

The question is, how could it reach 1 030 m/s while having smaller charge than German ammo?

Ru-wiki, however, says that Costinescu was an APCR shell. It may explain how it reached the 1 030 m/s, however, we are yet to know the real charge size for that shell. German analogues, L/48 guns, fired comparable shell, PzGr.40, with muzzle velocity of 990 m/s. As visible both in Russian article or in the picture I attached below, it had 495mm, or, better, 561mm long charge. Would it even be able to speed up AP or even APCR up to 1 030 m/s? Higly doubt so.

Would appreciate any knowledge on that topic, or links to old internet forums where it could be explained, or citations from documents and books if you own/share any. Thanks for your interest.

1 Like

don’t know much about it, but there is a discussion that says the cartridge chamber is from the Vickers-Resita M1936 AA gun and includes the 1030 m/s as max muzzle velocity for a 4.1kg shell vs 6.6 kg weight for lower velocities.

It mentions that the ammunition combined the Vickers cases with German shells,

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=3750&p=28032

thank you. According to this info, we counted that APCR will have around 216 mm of penetration if added to the game, and if Resita cannon also had full-caliber AP ammo, it will have around 162 mm. Basically 15% higher than KwK 40 L/48 ammo