Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Interestingly according to the datamine GitHub there were no FM changes to the Tornado or Phantoms in 2.32.0.23. So unless they were changed in a later version that has not been uploaded to the GitHub yet I can only assume Gaijin have changed something somewhere which affects all aircraft.

probably that, will be fixed soon

Phantom on the red

1478 break speed

1 Like

Anyone looked at the Tornado WTD yet? Is it going ot be below 11.0 or was that just a dev being crazy?

its 11.0 lol, total crap premium

1 Like

What I would do for this to be intentional but from the sounds of it I think it’s both too good to be true and too likely to be a mistake on gaijins part.

as of now

SL printer for SB then and pretty much nothing else. At least it wont see 12.3s

Don’t see how they think that thing will be remotely usable at that br. I can’t even make it to bases using a phantom.

It goes back to the days of early jets where jet engines would lose thrust as they approached their top speed to prevent them from exceeding their maximum speed in level flight.

In modern jets there is often a significant amount of excess thrust where aircraft could easily overspeed their airframes by using the afterburner. Or in cases like the harrier they have so much thrust without an afterburner they can damage the intakes with supersonic airflow.

Gaijins solution for all jets to prevent them from overspending was to artificially limit all jet engine thrust, particularly afterburning jets when they approach their maximum speed.

Thus is actually most notable on the harriers Which even at 60% thrust is capable of 95% of its maximum speed in level flight, but the additional push to 100% only affects the maximum speed a tiny amount.

Makes sense considering I only go 100% in dog fights in the gr 7 where as I just stay at 68% the rest of the time for maximum speed.

It also zooms aroun decently

and still speeds up
not bad

nothing against SB, but that makes it a useless plane, mostly used by Bot farmers. Even then for it to be worthwhile they gotta need to give it insane multipliers.

They could have made such a nice CAS for germany, for those not wanting to grind a whole tech tree… just like the Su 39, A-10, A6E tram… But no they gave us this useless peace of junk, its worse then the MFG Tornado, that theoreticaly gets the AS34 on top and would be more fun for SB as well

Yep… Should without a doubt been that. Plenty of options for basically an ASSTA 1 C&P like the Saudi one would have been for the Gr1.

But nope. that would be unfair apparently.

the lightning currently can already break its own wings with AF, can you check how fast it is now with the thrust limit at high speeds “removed?”, im curious to know

Ooh yeah. That is gunna be crazy :D

Sorry but i shut down my PC already. I will check in around 8h if that will be of help

1 Like

yeah no worries, whenever is good for you is good for me

I will boot up my PC and check it first thing in the morning so i wont forget it before leaving home

1 Like

With RB test drive @ ~12,000m altitude, I got it to just short of 2330km/h afterburning in level flight. Then my wings fell off

2 Likes