Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

I am drooling over the beautiful HUD in that report.

Just look at it: A TWS target marker regardless of lock status (L appears when locked) that is ALWAYS shown but limited to the edge of the HUD to show direction to the target when off HUD, a launch success zone on the actual HUD, a nice lag-gun-pipper. Just imagine the boost to combat effectiveness the Tonka would get in sim.

@Flame2512 the document mentions the difference in symbology between a spooling SRAAM (open diamond) and locked SRAAM (closed diamond). Is there any mention of similar for SARH (Skyflash)?

Please don’t take my repeated whining as a lack of thanks for the hard work you guys do making those reports. Just need to vent every now and again!

Still, it was only 8 months ago, I’m sure we’ll get a fix soon…

4 Likes

Welp, i wonder how much longer it will take to implement

Iirc tornado has a indicator on the dashboard for this. I might be wrong.
Welp, it is a indicator for something else

IRL Skyflash doesn’t lock on until after launch, so no.

What about strenght indicator? For example f16 has it on hud

iirc it should be about 60 seconds not 3 seconds IRL. But could be wrong

As far as I know the strength indicator is something Gaijin made up to make SARH easier to use because people were complaining about their Sparrows blowing up after launch.

As far as I know it has no basis in reality.

2 Likes

Sorry if im talking crazy, but its past midnight for me so im half asleep

Lack of Cockpit HUD is one of my biggest hates for the aircraft. its one thing to be playing with a outclassed aircraft (11.3 vs 12.3s in SB), its another to be playing with missing features that turn it into a bit of a chore to play

3 Likes

Does this need to be re-submitted on the new bug site? Did it get transfered over?

You don’t need to recreate old reports on the new site

Okay, was worth doubling checking. It has been 8 months with 0 word they are even looking into it (as far as I know)

(really makes me worried about how long the FRS1 will take to be finished and some future aircraft like the FA2)

2 Likes

Im not sure if there is anyone we can ask who will know. Maybe Smin?

You do not need to recreate reports. When reports are forwarded they are moved to an internal system. The original report be that on the forum/CBR is just there for the users.

2 Likes

Are their any news if we will get some more ASM like the Sea Eagle (I know it was only used on the Tornado 1B) ?

When they are made usefull

Unfortunately this is the most likely issue. The Tornado Gr1 could be upgraded to the Tornado Gr1B, given the exact same identical radar as the MFG and then it just needs the Sea Eagles (a few other aircraft can use them as well).

The reason its probably not be done, is outside of SB, there is just no value in having ASMs. They could easily make value for them in other air modes, but they seem reluctant to add any kind of naval to ARB. Even carriers for carrier spawns for some reason.

1 Like

Can weapons be fitted to those BOZ pod pylons?

No

Think I saw one air show picture of an Italian IDS with a BL755 on an outboard but I’m not sure how credible that is.

For a technical stand point the outboard pylons are very very sensitive to load, not a single doc I’ve got shows anything but countermeasures and ECM pods outboard.

2 Likes