Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

They’re a bit buggy at the moment, there is a report in. I believe its similar to the issues that other TV missiles are having.

1 Like

Ah ok thanks. Atleast im not being an absolute tool for a change 😅

That… is incredible :D

1 Like

Yeah, been using the harrier Gr7 today/last night, same issues over there too, very fiddly at the moment.

Yeah I was just using it, even the DMT sight isn’t lining up with the maverick sight. You need to aim below the target, same with the PGM as the TV sight is always higher.

It also doesnt let you lock on that far out, and if you try to, it snaps to a forward position, making it really annoying to use. You are limited to about 9-10km

1 Like

I can’t claim I came up with the idea, but it was amusing to see it work.

anybody knows stats on the TIALD, like max lock range etc. ?

In real life or in game?

well in game but i would assume they are identical or not?

That’s up for debate at the moment. It requires further investigation.

good to know
so what do we have currently ingame?

Is it a confirmed bug, or is it working as intended?

A report with enough information has yet to be submitted, so I can’t say, I’ll ask around.

heh, yeah…
theyve been aware of this very issue for months now and theres still no fix for it so im just gonna guess it has what ill call “TOW-2B” syndrome where theyll find endless excuses totally valid reasons to not fix it

1 Like

oh thats awesome, we cant edit messages anymore? i misplaced a " god dammit

So… I think this new radar needs a buff. PD mode doesnt seem to be able to detect something coming straight at you, if its flying low.

TWS prefers to lock onto that target 70km away and refuses to swap to the target 5km of your nose.

PDV doesnt seem to work at the moment, I can see a target in PD, but PDV cannot.

and then ontop of radar being a pain in the…

Wings just keep falling off randomly. I can do a turn a dozen times, just fine, then 1/10 times, 1 or both wings just fall off and I have no idea why.

I swear we’re not flying the same plane. I’d also not bother with PDV, the locks are PDHDN anyway and it gives you less information than PDHDN anyway.

We guess new aircraft toptier rank VIII after Tornado F3 & Tornado GR.1 gaijin consider add ?