Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

I usually fire around 12km when im supersonic and relatively close to the ground with both the skyflash and 530D, so it seems to be just a good range for most sahrs, although with the skyflashes i try not to shoot past 20-25km at altitude

1 Like

Regular has always worked for me, SuperTEMP is my god, and you know what I’m like in air gunjob

In Sim, I usually wait till I can I see whites of the enemy pilots eyes before firing :P

/s

Usually I just use the LSZ and trust in it, though with MP, most missiles dont connect.

1 Like

Which one is that? I thought i had it disabled but maybe not, as i literally cannot deflect my ailerons close to the ground, very very irritating as its gotten me killed a few times now.

Spoiler

Just doing some matches in the F3 (early) in Sim and the new HUD is nice but I think a bit glitchy. The TWS indicator, when the target is off-screen, the indicator sometimes is at the edge blinking, but others its not. I think its actually going off the screen. So I think that might need adjusting, but wanted to see if that was right or wrong before submitting a bug report.

It did get some actually, locked target marker and closure rate at the bottom;

2 Likes

Ah nice, just need the CCRP guidance marker thingy now

This:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/nugZ361FLvcc

1 Like

If someone cares enough, the L next to the indicator shouldn’t appear in TWS

I can’t really report it yet because I’m still grinding through rank 6 :/
before anyone asks this is taken from an existing report on the old forum

@Gunjob
I know this is the wrong thread but with the new Tornado HUD and the Shar HUD in the works could we see some improvements to other aircraft HUD’s aswell? Like adding missing radar symbology to them, an example of this being the AV-8B Plus.

For Sim being able to see what your radar is currently locked onto is pretty important and it’s something that is missing from the AV-8B Plus and many more.

Stay in the early, never have I worked so hard in sim for so little, in the late. Between having to stay less than 50m above the ground (which is already a feat for the nado in sim) and being what feels like the slowest thing in the bracket it’s just painful. Even playing clean up is a struggle. :) atleast the hud kinda works tho.

When you get it let me know how you do cause im currently in a severe state of dispare.
I want that demonstration camo.

Will gaijin ever model redundancies, had my tail clipped last game and it damaged the linkage to the control surface (traction) I would not operate the horizontal stabiliser and the aircraft crashed.
Does Tornado not have triple redundancies for this kind of damage?

Nice decal:

Spoiler

image_-_2024-07-31T190454.401_a888d89a29875a1823b5dbf50265b856

2 Likes

Stona sent me here. dunno why he sent me here though.
Is there any tips for playing Tornado F.3 Late? especially while grinding on stock level.

Barely got the BOL and Chaff modification on Tier 1 but feels unplayable to me now…

One ban on order lol

I don’t care anyway…
Even if Stona ban me from the forum, I still can suffer from my tornado F.3 AOP stock.

It’s rough and doesn’t get better why they even added the Skyflash super temp as a module is beyond me

‘Historical Accurate’ my friend…
Just like giving AIM-7M on an F-15C type of thing… :|

I expected grinding Tornado F.3 Late would be awful according to my experience from the Dev server. but it feels even worse than I expected. :'(

All the new fox 3 jets were added before the stock ARH loadouts were implemented

1 Like

Spend most of the game notching anything that looks at me ha ha

1 Like

can we have a moment of silence for all the poor souls who purchased the WTD61…

I won’t touch that thing with a yard pole in the nado’s current state

2 Likes