Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

I suppose it’s now time to grind out the F3 AoP. With the FA2 still unplayable in Sim, and the F3 finally looking in a pretty good place, it’s time

2 Likes

I haven’t seen much about it but I’m seriously concerned with its ability to notch fast enough or fly that low.

On the topic of flying low is it just me or is everyone else unable to roll at very low altitude?

I’m thinking its the instructor feature

Did you disable the option that restricts control of aircraft near the ground?

Autopilot features would be nice to have. Even if it’s just a simple alt hold

I wouldn’t want to take it into the RB, but I’m hoping it might be kinda fun in SB. If it’s not, then I’ll just try out the new HUD in the old one.

1 Like

Is the Gr1 getting any more HUD functionality?

Damn so, does look like tornado f.3’s sustained rate is quite massively overperforming. About 40% too good.

1 Like

Yea, it was said that the FM is tuned up to compensate for lack of leading edge.

The flight model is a complete abomination.

It literally feels like it follows it’s own laws of physics compared to every other jet.

Why does the Tornado’s leading slats only expand with the flaps and not with the ailerons and elevators like the F14?

Slats are linked to the flaps, which needs new code to fix. But also the slats are manual on F.3.

I know everyone here that suffers with the F3 plays SIM
In RB today the Skyflash are not tracking, they dont accelerate any shot at high altitude under 15k is a waste. the RADAR is not locking how do you play this thing?
Constantly killed by F-14 and F-4S (F-14 I get)

First game and I have no issues with radar locking or missiles tracking, was around 8-12k ft most of the time

1 Like

Do we even play the same game hahah.

8 Likes

Ha ha I think it was a server side issue, its working better now. Skyflash is still pretty mid :(

Regular or SuperTEMP? I can see the regular being mid, but SuperTEMP has always been o’faithful for me.

2 Likes

It does a job, its just outclassed by the Aim7F and M. I struggle to win a BVR engagement against these missiles.
Usually we both die or I die

Around 8km, it is faster to target than the big Sparrows. But yeah the big Sparrows have longer legs.

3 Likes

Would you hold out for closer range shots then?
Im sending the first one at 15K and following up at 10k?

If I’m really high up I try my luck out to 30km, provided its a supersonic launch. But Mid/Low level 10km is my usual max, I prefer 8km. I’ve not really got back in the old F.3 since the patch so I don’t know how valid those ranges are now with the increased difficulty in defending.

1 Like