Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Sadly Sea Harrier RWR is placeholder (copied from Apache IIRC) and will probably be nerfed by the time it gets to live.

• AV-8B Plus, Q5L, Tornado G.R. Mk. 1: thermal fix (?)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1d6jf3c/dev_server_datamine_2351112_236016_part_1/?rdt=62322&onetap_auto=true&one_tap=true

Did any other aircraft get the Ferranti Sky Guardian RWR? Seem to remember that a tornado might have? Seems strange that what looks on paper to be the best RWR wasn’t fielded for more aircraft.

Its just a copy paste of the Apache RWR, its got much smaller coverage, should be E-J not C-M.

1 Like

Nooooooooo, fun times is over :((((

Any idea why the F.3 late doesn’t have a cockpit yet on dev? I’d assume that the only difference to the early is that it’s getting those fancy new MFDs but I don’t wanna get my hopes up

2 Likes

I don’t know sorry, but that is also my hope.

5 Likes

Between BOZ pod weight changes, Possible TIALD thermal changes and the lack of cockpit on the F3 AOP. My hopium levels are skyrocketing

Or maybe working radar HUD symbology

4 Likes

F3 late has cockpit on dev server.

Has 1 MFD screen that can be toggled between radar and map

No new cockpit symoblogy though

Mirrors are a tad buggy

Do you mind grabbing a screenshot of the MFDs? Curious what they look like as I’ve not got the dev installed

I dont know if its actually any different to live. Something i’ve never paid attention too

looks to be the same as the base game.

1 Like

Radar screen is a little different. Black instead of green background

nifty! Thank you

1 Like

Been having a ton of fun with the F.3 late on dev server. It’s a real shame the FM is till the way it is

how are you fairing against the amrams and other ARH missiles? whats the kill range that you should avoid entering when facing them for us.

with how things are going i really hope they add ECM soon… we are in dire need of it and would make adding the mig 25 a distant hope.

Well fox 3s are massive WIP on the dev server, right now they are actually awesome close range, using the tall acm mode is great with the amraam cuz it will pull ridiculous 90 degree turns within 4-3 km.

As long as you’re using defensive manoeuvres you’ll be fine against other missiles, it’s basically normal SARH gameplay but more effective cuz you can full crank and not have to worry about losing lock. 9Ms are really clutch because if you position yourself in a way where ppl have to show their six to run away they are guaranteed dead.

To be honest the F.3 late is going to be a solid jet. I’m still annoyed the FM is still stiff, yeah you can energy trap some aircraft but that’s never going to be an option mid fight. Also cranking is really difficult in this aircraft because of the lack of turn, most times where I needed to turn out to crank the enemy fox 3s are so quick by the time I’ve turned away I’m dead…an FGR could turn out quicker

1 Like

thats my biggest problem, its the cranking. when the enemy can afford to crank multiple times on in the closure i can afford 1 at best, 2 if im pushing it. this causes each decision to be very important while the jets well be facing will move from f14s and mig 23s on average to f15s and su 25s with the exact same missiles as you (which i guess is better than skyflashs…).

i may sound crazy but maybe removing multipathing at top teri may be a good idea as it would mean i could realistically loft my missiles from altitude and not have to get within the kill zone of the enemies. although i can imagine it would be a balancing nightmare so i think for now we should leave it as is and maybe have a test server checking it out. i was suprised that gaijin used a test server for ARH missiles so who knows they may actually do something smart.

BOL fixes should also be good too for that