Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

oh god yeah, i hope the symbology has been finally added as its still awkward in sim to acquire targets.

I have Buc S2B, Sea Harrier FRS1e, Jaguar IS, Javelin and working on the Jaguar Gr1 and maybe the Harrier Gr3 ready in a pre-spaded state ready for all that juicy spade bonus. Thinking FA2 first, just because its lower and a bit more unique (also prolongs the brutality that will be the F3 AOP stock grind)

But its going to be a tough call which to do first

Yeah, with ARH, its going to be even worse, though AMRAAM should be able to queue up on TWS, so no longer need to swap to Aim-9 first and then quickly back. But heres hoping

im just happy for anything other the a sky flash, it is so terrible that whenever i go from my ej kai back to the tornado i cry, both the same br and yet i would rather fly a phantom without the agile eagle kit to the tornado just because i can actually survive in it.

Sometimes Skyslug STs are great, other times they are god aweful and I have no idea what changes. It feels… Random

1 Like

at alt they seem fine but any where bellow 2km they just love to swerve the enemy as if they looked away from them in disgust. i mean i would to after being forcibly launched from a beauty such as the tornado F.3.

Hehe, yeah, I had one do a 90 degree turn to dodge a target the other day, was totally confused

Missed opportunity not making the default camo for the F.3 Late added in the “Seek and Destroy” update, the F.3’s No.41 Squadron livery

Spoiler

9 Likes

haven’t checked the dev server yet but the change log doesn’t mention Tornado FM

from what i heared, we didnt get our 1200 chaff either

1 Like

All I saw was this

• Incorrect interpolation of aerodynamic coefficients in intermediate wing positions for aircraft with variable sweep wings has been corrected.

Well, that’s a shame

This, I haven’t seen any sign of some aircraft receive better chaff/flare with the new seperate countermeasure. Mirage 2000 should also be benefitted from this seperate cm, and yet, they still haven’t it.

1 Like

yep, no FM improvement whatsoever…great

Edit: No bol rails or 1200 chaff

has the HUD been fixed at all?

I only have the minimal client cuz I don’t have the storage

Quite a few should I think. Even stuff like the Mig29SMT I think can get some extra flares

The miserable thing about the AOP and FA.2 is that when stock they are the exact same aircraft as their predecessors. And when they are stock they should be at the same BR’s as their predecessors.

FA.2: what does it get when stock compared to the FRS.1? Two AIM-9L’s instead of two AIM-9G’s. And a better engine.

F.3 late: what does it get stock over the F.3? NOTHING!
NO STOCK SARH MISSILES! NO STOCK BOL! NO STOCK AIM-9M! YOU GET TWO LESS COUNTERMEASURES! THE F.3 LATE IS WORSE THAN THE F.3 WHEN STOCK!

4 Likes

and still wont be able to point its nose at stuff you want to shoot

3 Likes

Yeah, the total lack of SARHs stock was brutal in the last F3 at 11.3. I’m dreading to the point of not even trying to play it at 12.7

5 Likes