Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

The R24 is kinda broken. It maintains way too much much energy after the motor burns out in high g turns.

I have no idea how they think the r24r has such amazing energy retention when they have made the red tops an air brake as soon as the Moro stops. It’s amazing watching the red top fly past your cockpit after 15 seconds of chasing a super sonic.

3 Likes

Do skyflash SuperTEMPs have a history of just… missing for no reason?

https://streamable.com/ehdzn1
https://streamable.com/xy4sfs

Because while in the first shot yeah he’s quite low, the second one is just insulting…

1 Like

They are based on Skyflashes DF. And there are legends about Skytrashes doing impossible things just to miss the target.
Mine once did over 100 degree instanteus turn upwards around 1km from target.

3 Likes

i will never forget the rename someone did here
“Skyshit SuperTrash” gets me going every single time

1 Like

That was made due to them refusing to hit the target and blowing up midair for no reason

now theyre just missing
“Skyslug SuperMISS?”
(MISS - Missile, Idiotic Stupid System)

2 Likes

PoV you see a multipathed target and decide to shoot

1 Like

1st shot was never going to hit, target was in multipath for a 95% of the duration of flight. And only had about 1 second to correct once the target left multipath.

2nd shot was unlucky target just managed to turn inside the missile.

1 Like

The videos finally loaded for me. First one is multipathing, the fly low to avoid SARH. The second one should have splashed, but it went for the missile last second.

thought so - multipathing should be less of a problem when approaching a target from above? Had a miss on an F-15 from high alt and got splashed in return because… idk he wasn’t dead like he should’ve been

second one on the other hand is just a bit ludicrous

It is less of a problem when shooting from above, as the missile comes from a steeper angle.

Yes but when I say above I mean really steep, above 50deg.

Multipathing really shouldn’t work to the degree it is now. It should still work and happen just not this much.

Sorry to say this, but it should be MUCH WORSE. 300-500m up iirc, not 10 like right now

1 Like

something like 30-40 or would that be too shallow?

from my understanding it not being modelled means that skyflash is needlessly worse in every metric for no tangible gain…?

Watch them add a fox 3 tornado and it doesn’t have AMRAAMS but skyflash active

No. Multipathing is a thing where the target fly very close to the ground. In SRC we have ground clutter. In PD if the target is close to the ground, it causes radar to catch the waves that also return from the ground. These waves return in multiple different paths (from here comes the name) causing radar problems in getting the target exact location (that is why the lock square drifts away).

Currently in game it works on very low altitude, 10m or so, but in real life it would work on altitude of 500m if i remember correctly. If that would get implemented, up to 500m(to stick with my version) would be no radar missile zone.
And no it would not help skyflashes in any way, as they would just slam the ground.

1 Like

The fact that multipath can cause missiles to miss their target is not a problem in and of itself.
The real problem is that for some reason it disables the proximity fuse and even the contact fuse for low altitude targets.
The missile will not explode even if it passes 0.5 meters from the aircraft, and even if it hits the aircraft, it will not cause any damage other than kinetic energy.
Is this realistic?