Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

My feedback is behind the scenes my guy. :)

4 Likes

Fair enough!

PGM/1/2/3 will cause target point to become invalid. // Gaijin.net // Issues

why no one take a eye on this bug…

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/7KgOsx76Shfe
I made one too brother. It’s really annoying.

1 Like

Forwarded, Sorry @HITkiller Flying’s formatting was better. haha.

2 Likes

image

blatant favourism

1 Like

I do favour a good formatted report. Especially when the user details the steps to repeat and affected vehicles by their blk names.

6 Likes

It does reactivate on LJDAMs if they reactivate, idk if EGBUs are different

Ooooh… Skyflash STs now have LSZ data

Its giving LSZ larger than the rMax though

image

and so kinda useless information currently

4 Likes

what exactly does that mean?

The display on the right of the radar gives you 4 pieces of information

Spoiler

The LSZ (Launch success zone) is the box and it was previously missing from the Skyflash SuperTEMP missiles. Firing within the box means the missile essentially cannot be kinematically defeated, even if the target is running away from you, the missile will hit.

But the box seems to be the wrong size. It is physically impossible for the LSZ area to be larger than the rMax (the maximum range your missile might be able to hit the target.) As a result, there is no way to actually know where the true LSZ is, making the information kinda useless.

There is a similar report for Fox-3s but ive not seen it on an SARH before. Might be a bug related to the dev server and hte LSZ being new for the Skyflash ST. I’ll give it till mid next week and then report it if its still easily replicatable

5 Likes

Gaijin removed duplicate 1000lbs, however instead of keeping all as the same type, 4 stock bombs are once again separate
[tornado_list] Panavia Tornado stock and researched bomb issue

1 Like

Just trying the F3 in NE and it sucks, everyone is at tree-top level and you cant hit anything with Skyflashs because of MP. The changes to them seem to have made them more likely to be MPed because they turn fast enough now to “switch targets” fully, so even firing straight down onto a target usually result in it hitting the ground and doing no damage to the target.

definetly time to remove MP

1 Like

I personally think the F3 is pretty decent but I do feel like uptiers in NE while playing it are much more punishing than in the classic mode. I think the maps need to be bigger still before MP goes for good.

The thing I was trying to kill was a Tornado IDS, not even dropping CMs, just flew in a straight line and defeated 2x Skyflash STs fired from 10k ft.

That is just really really really annoying

Interestingly i had the exact opposite experience

What I did would was spawn at an airfield high north or south, then fly along the front line. I would stay max burner the whole and just look for anyone who is climbing or leaking above MP level and pick them off.

You can also bait people into climbing if you are at closer range, most of the people in NE aren’t that smart.

Never commit to a fight, just run away if your sky flash doesn’t connect.

I found that most people in the southern part of the map by the sea fly a little higher so that is a good place to target.

You can also play it like a MiG-25 and fly really high and just pick off climbers or others at high altitude

Tl;dr Play like an interceptor not a fighter

(Forgot, if you are in a full up tier just use another plane as you can’t compete or would really have to double down on the passive playstyle)

I was near the north of the map, and flying about 10-15k ft doing basically that, but no one was climbing, tried my usual tactic of just firing down on people hiding in MP, as that use to mitigate it quite well, but 2x missiles went from MP from a top down attack. I think the improvements have made it so that it can go for the MP target way easier now and miss.

I gave up after 10 minutes though, as literally everyone was flying low, nothing was high. RWR spam was also giving me a headache

Yeah, compression is a given, i have no idea why the devs picked ARB-Style MM over ASB bracket-style MM, genuinely idiotic decision

1 Like

To be honest I like NE but it really should have just been sim in with ARB controls

I would also like to see NE become a sim mode, maybe with a less concentrated front line and further air field placement to the rear

2 Likes

I think for 11.0+ they need a bigger map with less density at all BRs

1 Like