Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Only advice I can give is avoid the fight as long as you can, maybe go gun kill a bot or 2.

After the merge, you might be able to sneak in and pick up a kill or 2 against distracted players or sub-sonic strikers like any Su-25s about.

Best way to avoid SARH is to just hug the deck. Stay as low as you can, Ideally below about 30-50m. Should mitigate most SARH.

After that, all I can offer you is Good Luck. The Stock grind in the F3 is up there as one of the hardest. Should have had Standard Skyflash (not the DFs) as stock.

1 Like

I know it got a big buff recently as it cant face the worst enemies but also a nerf because BOL pods. I’ve not played it in ages frankly my stats arent awful 17 deaths 15 kills makes it better than most my air RB planes definitly. But it’s still a kick in the teeth to play when you’re coming back to it a little unfamiliar.
It’s also sad that even with better Fox 1s, better Fox 2s and BOL pods it’s still bad enough to be considered the same BR as the Phantom.

Yeah, It is a real shame. It could yet get other buffs, like Pilot Hand controls (Think HMD but only within the seekers FoV) not too mention it is still running a placeholder flight model which is underperforming.

But yeah, not having to fight 12+ is awesome but its certainly not an easy aircraft to fly and in some respect the Phantoms are by far superior.

Stay low enough that multipath renders all SARH useless.

Also may I add the lack of rosette scanning?

Tornado Gr1 might be finally getting fixed in June:

seperated flares and chaff as well as seperated ground and air brs, sth they said they wouldnt do ???, a blessed day for tornados

Yep. Just not have to wait 5 months and hope they dont change their minds. Though also no guarantee we will get our 1200 missing chaff.

Debby downer
it will as i believe it will

I really hope it does. Though I also fear they will conclude that it cant stay at 11.3 because of “CM count”

The MiG-29G is 12.7 with only 60 so I would nto expect that excuse to work

I hope you are right, though, Iirc, the Mig-29s (or it might only be the SMT) might get more CMs, I think they had flare only pods.

(Probably why its not finally coming, top tier soviets need more CMs)

Top tier soviets are in a better place with their countermeasure count that germany

Well… This was not fun.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/YYQy2W398cZp

PGMs dont work, at all, under any circumstance, on night maps. Even with TIALD pod that can clearly see targets at long ranges. Gotta love that bug.

I know PGM have a ir seeker but in game are treated as only TV and TV doesn’t work in the dark at all

A rare moment of Russia being in a disadvantage

Yeah, not surprised. We should have gotten IR seekers on the PGMs anyway. but still, shouldnt let you spawn with them if they are dead wieghts

Nah its funny seeing a Mig try and bomb you with TV guided in night battles

Soon hopefully we will have something ir guided on a tornado

or mmV

Brimstones are not real, they cant hurt you.
Well, the PGMs had a choice of TV, IR and SALH seeker, we got TV in game. Maybe we will get IR or SALH in the future?

1 Like