Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Here

1 Like

well, still some hope there

The Phantom F.3 entered service to fill a gap left by the British Phantoms when they left for the Falklands. They shouldn’t even have any bombs or rockets, and they Should have the AIM-9L.

They did not use bombs / rockets in service, but Britain did apparently make sure they were wired to do so should it have been needed.

5 Likes

So too add to the version confusion: what was the EF.3 was it a seperate upgrade?

Obligatory suggestion post shill

I think what he’s suggesting is similar to my above suggestion post. Not a full HMD, but giving the ability to 2 seater jets to designate radar locks via mouse similar to the MiG-29’s HMD PD to replicate the WSO/RIO actually doing their job instead of being dead weight…

4 Likes

EF.3 is an informal name for a modification that allowed some F.3s to be fitted with the ALARM Anti Radiation Missile. iirc this was off the back of Gulf War 2, and not every F.3 had the required modifications off the top of my head

cue Gunjob/Flame burning me alive for getting preposterously tiny detail wrong

2 Likes

since the dawn of the game and modern air trees.

well imo it seems to have started when they added the MiG-19 and F-100, and gave us the Javelin instead xDDD

and it seems (with the exception of the british phantoms up until the F-14/MiG-23s rocked up) to have gotten more and more obnoxious since then

2 Likes

New trending GIF tagged fire burning home alone… | Trending Gifs

2 Likes

Gentlemen…

18 Likes

This is turning into a very beneficial archive visit.

8 Likes

Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Unless I am misinterpreting, this means the GR.1 should be able to carry 4 sidewinders (2 per pylon thingy)?

3 Likes

Nope, BOL countermeasure pods

3 Likes

Ahh I see, thanks for clearing that up.

3 Likes

Hell of a haul this time mate.

Report is in for the BOL-304 on GR.1

11 Likes

More countermeasuers is always welcome

2 Likes

So 320 mixed from the BOL-304A, 56 Flares and 1200 Chaff from the BOZ-107 should be the grand total.

216 flares
1360 chaff

5 Likes

We will have to wait a little for that

1 Like

Indeed, but the BOL-304 will help massively.

5 Likes