Panavia Tornado IDS SLE - Forever Young

Weren’t the first lot of Tornados already added about a year after they would have been of use and are now currently obsolete. Though the early Typhoons would have basically no A2G Weapons

Nice idea. This Tornado would fit really nice into the techtree. I think, on a BR of 11.0 (the current ASSTA 1 Tornado should go down to 10.7, idk why it is at 11.3, this is way too high for its performance). If they would add the glide bomb or maybe the HARM, it could be a really nice counter for the russian Pantsir S1 SPAAG, wich currently makes it impossible to get close to the battlefield. With IRIS-T it would also have some advantage in ARBs even not beeing the fastest or most maneuverable plane. Some Standoff capabilities for GRB and some very advanced A-A missiles would fit the plane and make it competitive.

it would be a workable CAS aircraft with the LaGS, Brimstones and GBUs and IRIS-T plus the MAWS and the upgraded BOL CM pods.
Cant wait for this to come!
+1

These were planned for the cancelled assta 4 wich is not the same as the SLE and they were never integrated with this one. So far, it will mainly rely on GBU and AGM88 as a2g weapons

i think it could still get them, seeing as how the tornado platform can receive them, if not we still have the LaGS… purely german, for germans… just how we like it

I agree on lags, but gaijin will ask for evidences, and in this case there wouldn’t be any to support theyr addition. It will be an imaginary weapon for this one

They have been at least considered for use on German Tornados in an official capacity, which might be enough for Gaijin. They have also been purchased for use on Eurofighter, so they are in inventory

LaGS requires only a laser designator and a platform compatible with the 9L.
So yes.
And seeing as how it was ourpose developed FOR the budeswehr tornados and EF…
It would be a travesty not to add this.
Plus there are images of it mounted on the tornado

no it will not, and trust me when I said this because I tried alredy to implement several weapons on some aircrafts and they want clear proofs of a document that states that it can use them and a picture of it with them, so being considered and being in the avaible store are not enought reasons from what I understood.

are you referring to the brimstone or to the lags?

LaGS

as I said I agree on these as they were tested by a german tornado at least