Panavia Tornado IDS [All Variants] [All Countries] | History - Weapons - Performance - Discussion

What

No

What kind of “common subsystems”?

Its just uptalking a garbage plane. Ground Strikers are defined by their wweapon systems. 1000 lb bombs are a thing when mounted on a P-47 to drop it on WW2 tanks. 1000lb’s on a 11.3 plane are super hot garbage. Laser guided bombs are a thing around BR 10 - 10.7 BR. You see some jets using it in the 9-10 bracket with success. GBU on a max BR jet for Ground Forces are also not really good. At max BR you have no change to use this mechanic without getting SAM’ed.

The Tornado’s underutilised. It’s an interdictor not a tank destroyer. Should be used to bomb power plants, factoid, frontline airfields, ammo depots, all the lot.

2 Tornado IDS from Manching (98+59 and 98+60) are heading to Edwards AFB in CA for some testing.
the question is: what are they testing

Hey, US Tornados coming soon?

probably testing a new weapon
if they are then its either a new ARM, Bomb or Cruise Missile

Only time will tell.

the germans supposedly requested information on the AGM-88G AARGM-ER some months ago

https://x.com/Task_Force23/status/1830996926524715211
it was a bomb.
a nuclear bomb
B61-12

1 Like

war thunder when?

Would still only give you a “hit”

Ayo, what are these on the inner rails? countermeasure pods?👀👀

More likely some kind of training missile meant to “digitally” simulate shots.

1 Like

Probably a type of ACMI pod. Basically they record the aircrafts position and other information for post-flight analysis.

1 Like

thank you for ruining my hopes and dreams…day ruined😔

So I seem to remember hearing that the update for the Dragon something with the J20 has flightmodel changes for the Tornadoes.
ANyone got any ideas?

ALso, could they use JDAMS, and could we therefore expect Gaijin to add them to the ASSTA at some point?

The Tornados do have an overhauled FM. Its not perfect, there is some work left to be done (like its a bit too draggy) , but in short. It turns way better at high speed and no longer drops like a rock at low speed. But no longer pulls as many Gs in a sustained pull.

The overall result of this means it should be a lot easier to evade incoming missiles

Ohh sweet that sounds really good! Thanks for the info

So if I understand it correctly, it has a LOT more initial pull but not as much sustained. ANd it didnt pull any sustained G anyway.

And its performance is better at slow speed. But I dont know in what way.

So Tornadoes got more dangerous! Excellent!

At low speed it turns a lot better and has a much lower stall speed. Should make landing a lot smoother

You can read the bug reports for them to get an idea of some of the changes and changes that need to happen

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/G0hNRVTt9FPG

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/9OpdpbD16gvm

There is an issue being investigated over in the main thread:

regarding the aircraft producing too much drag and limiting top speed as well.

But yes. The Tornados (the ADVs in perticular) have gotten a lot more potent and the introduction of Phimat as well could give the ADVs quite a big buff too.

For the ASSTA the introduction of both glide bombs and GPS guided bombs opens doors too.