(OM) PAC Super Mushshak: The Trainer With Talons

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

PAC Super Mushshak

Hello! and welcome to my suggestion for the PAC Super Mushshak in service with the RAFO (Royal Air Force of Oman) as a Trainer and COIN aircraft. I feel this could come to game alongside a potential Omani Subtree for a Nation as a mid tier ground attacker.

History

Spoiler

Just so you know, there is not a huge amount of info on the Mushshak in RAFO Service so this may be quite short

The PAC Super Mushshak is a domestic vehicle made by Pakistan based on the Swedish SAAB Safari and has been marketed as a Trainer and Light attack/ COIN aircraft, the first aircraft were brought into service in the early 2000s with the RAFO ordering a batch of 8 in 2004, with deliveries being complete by the end of the year.

In RAFO Service the Mushshak primarily performs the roles of an armed trainer, with it operating together with Oman’s PC-9s in early training of pilots, it also has the capability for COIN and to my knowledge has been used against Insurgents around the Yemeni Border.

Now currently there are 7 Aircraft in service with Oman, whilst i cannot find any info on what happened to one, I am led to believe that it was cannibalised for spares due to a lack of Crash reports from the RAFO Outside of its Hawk 203 and F-16s.

Photos

Spoiler

Cockpit of the Super Mushshak

A Super Mashshak Taxiing at RAFO Masirah

Image of a Mushshak with various underwing stores

Specs/ Armament

Spoiler

General characteristics

• Crew: 2-3

• Length: 7 m (23 ft 0 in)

• Wingspan: 8.85 m (29 ft 0 in)

• Height: 2.6 m (8 ft 6 in)

• Wing area: 11.9 m2 (128 sq ft)

• Airfoil: NACA 23012 mod

• Empty weight: 646 kg (1,424 lb) equipped

• Max takeoff weight: 1,200 kg (2,646 lb) normal, 1,125 kg (2,480 lb) utility, 900 kg (1,984 lb) aerobatic

• Powerplant: 1 × Textron Lycoming IO-360-A1B6 4-cylinder air-cooled horizontally-opposed piston engine, 149 kW (200 hp)

• Propellers: 2-bladed Hartzell HC-C2YK-4F/FC7666A-2, 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in) diameter constant-speed metal propeller

Performance

• Maximum speed: 236 km/h (147 mph, 127 kn) at sea level and 1,125 kg (2,480 lb)
  • Cruise speed: 210 km/h (130 mph, 110 kn)
  • Stall speed: 100 km/h (62 mph, 54 kn)
  • Never exceed speed: 365 km/h (227 mph, 197 kn) at 1,125 kg (2,480 lb)
  • Endurance: 5 hours 10 minutes at 65% power, at sea level, with 10% fuel reserve
  • Service ceiling: 4,100 m (13,500 ft)
  • g limits:

+4.4 -1.76 (utility MTOW)
+6 -2 (aerobatic MTOW)

• Rate of climb: 5.2 m/s (1,020 ft/min)
  • Time to altitude: 1,830 m (6,004 ft) in 9 minutes 18 seconds

Armament

• Hardpoints: 6× under-wing, maximum external load 300 kg (660 lb) total
  • Possible loads:
    • 2× 7.62 mm machine gun pods
    • 2× 75 mm unguided rocket pod (7 rounds)
    • 4× 68 mm unguided rocket pod (7 rounds)
    • 6× wire-guided anti-tank missiles (ATGMs)
    • Barq Air To Ground Guided Missiles

Place in game

Spoiler

I feel that this aircraft could come to the game to diversify a potential Omani Subtree, it would also help to fill out the lower ranks of the tree as it does not possess a huge capability especially at higher ranks.

in terms of BR this would probably sit somewhere around 5.7-6.7 given its armament being quite potent in ground battles and its manoeuvrability being something to make Fighters think twice before engaging this aircraft

Sources

Spoiler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Air_Force_of_Oman#
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAC_MFI-17_Mushshak#
https://www.key.aero/forum/modern-military-aviation/2942-pakistan-exports-super-mushak
https://aviadejavu.ru/Site/Crafts/Craft21851.htm

1 Like

My favorite class of aircraft: COIN/light attack/armed trainer. +1 for sure!

ATGM at 1.0, or 150mph at BR8+…balancing nightmare fuel.

Theres a lot of COIN/Armed trainers that would be fun additions if nerfed correctly. I think some of the more outrageous ones like the MushShak would be great low tier event fodder in the manner of the Po-2M and He-51B/H, and my still to be added DH84 with its enormous payload of 4x 20lb boom sticks.