Off-topic/General chat for Britain

Its a Belgian flag, plus Ireland uses the same military number plate style as the British, that has a yellow numberplate

2 Likes

great_britain_backup.zip (165.6 KB)

Premium, marathon, squadron vehicles are completed.
Almost finished tank destroyers branch.

Some small changes.

Corrected flag for many South African vehicle.

And finally chellenger YouTube Cup was removed

4 Likes

No clue if this has been brought up already, but I found this document about the CTA40 APFSDS, though I should drop it here before I forget. https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/tr/pdf/ADA381396.pdf specifically page 6 (page 17 of the PDF) is of intrest. It’s got testing data that specifies the Manafacturer provided data which could be useful in the future

5 Likes

The only appropriate name

11 Likes

I’ve seen it. Was at the funeral that that was being used at. In fact had the privilege of slow marching behind it.

Vickers MBT Mk.4 (late)

3 Likes

Also I’ve recently realised the Vickers mk7’s turret is wrong

In game
Screenshot_20240503-115132

IRL
mqdefault

2 Likes

In what way?

Just edited it

I dont see whats wrong?

wjldhszqauy11
could-vickers-mk7-2-could-be-on-par-with-other-vehicles-if-v0-mrxmp92kqf9b1

Look at the mantlet there is a hole on the left side and I believe the bottom half is slightly more wider than the one we have in game

I’ll use phlys thumbnail

Actually looks like a Vickers Valiant or an early Mk.7 turret/Vickers Universal turret on a modified Mk.4 chassis (Then rebranded to Valiant), Probably from the 1982 British Army Equipment Expo.

There’s basically 3 variants of tanks with the Vickers Universal turret all which no-one ever appears to label correctly.
You have the Valiant which is an early Vickers Universal turrets on a modified Mk.4 hull (what you have pictured), but is not a late Mk.4, nor as some claim a Mk.7, (it’s not a Valiant Mk.2 either)
The Mk.7/1 with the early Vickers Universal turret on a Leopard 2 hull (what we have in game)
Then the Mk.7/2, with a late Vickers Universal turret on a leopard 2 hull (what was then taken and interated into the CR2 turret)

Mk.4

british-vickers-mk-4-v0-qif3w6shwezb1

Mk.4 late/Valiant Early, with a mockup turret. Notice the difference with the MG position and mantlet shape

vicmk7

Valiant, Sometimes called the Mk.4 or Mk.7, but really it's it own thing, at this point the program was renamed to Valiant

img_62-13

Vickers Mk.7/1, Note the position of the gun coming straight out the point of the manlets armour

Untitled

Vickers Mk.7/2, again notice the manlet and gun positon being higher, along with the armour beak being lower

1 Like

I wonder how hard it would be to convince Gaijin to switch the model on the Striker to a later production, instead of the first run of chassis with the floatation screen. I want junk on my tanks you know?

Op Granby era Striker

img_53-4

Note the new sight housing, storage on top of the launcher, and the lack of the floation screen whilst still retaining the mount for it. Some were fitted with additional storage on the right hull side.

Enduring Freedom era striker

The big change is upgrades to bring it in line with the Scimitars, note the complete lack of floatation screen, New headlights, and a bunch more storage. Also has a great view of the newier sight housing used with the thermal sights.

2 Likes

I want SWINGfire to turn

7 Likes

I’m honestly not sure it’s modeled as Thrust vectoring

Yea its not, it just spins and has a decent pull, but thats not TVC pull.

ICYMI there’s been a leak list confirmed by Gszabi and it looks like UK not getting shafted! SHar FA.2, MiG-21 Bison, Desert Warrior, Churchill AVRE (and the leak isn’t exhaustive ofc). Glad to finally have a Warrior modernisation.