Off-topic/General chat for Britain

Is that the strikemaster? I’m looking to pick it up for the marketplace I didn’t make it doing the battlepass. But I want the Kiwi plane.

Yeah it’s the strikemaster 88, I use this skin from the marketplace.

Its a fun little plane to fly, not the best as you will sink half the ammo into a BF-190 on copium :), but got a great turn rate and perfect for hunting bombers along with great top speed at the BR.

Should i buy it?

5 Likes

Don’t lie to yourself, the TOG 2 will be the last british event vehicle

but what about my large and medium F-16?

Spoiler

or my eurovision typhoon with paveway semi nuclear rocket bombs?

Spoiler

honestly we should make a suggestion for that

2 Likes

Wth is semi-nuclear? Choose a side ffs, either big or small boom

Anyone else’s Spitfire MK.14e showing 719km/h on min fuel

Because I know for a fact its been 723 km/h for the last 2 years and now its 719?

Also doesn’t feel as fast as it should but I’m thinking thats the placebo effect from me seeing the statcard.

signed by whom?

Do you are have stupid?

Oh wow

not doin so

I’d actually be pretty pee’d off if they kept some of these British vehicle candidates behind a grindwall rather than being tech-tree.

CVRT series stuff like the Scimitar, Scorpion, Sabre.

Saladin. Ferret with Swingfire missiles. Fox.

Land Rover with WOMBAT launcher…come on, you know it makes sense.

None of these are one-off paper panzers. They were all used in significant numbers by Britain and other nations.

Crucially they would all be fun mid or upper-mid tier additions to the tech tree. Not every new things needs to be top tier - which is currently a bit of a crapshoot as it is.

WW2 / Early Cold War seems to be the most enjoyable part of the game for me at the moment.

1 Like

Just asking. Signed copy is written on it that’s why I said it. I mean Jesus can’t sign it

Speaking of things that don’t make sense…

Anyone noticed their Skyflash SuperTEMPs are going a bit wafty more often?

In the F3 I’m seeing them lawndart for no reason vs. targets which are 1000ft above the ground. Other times they’ll decide that they didn’t want to be an Air-to-Air Missile and they actually have a higher calling as a Moon Rocket instead - because they hurl up into space never to be seen again.

In both scenarios I’m maintaining solid lock and the target isn’t doing anything particularly fancy in terms of evasion, etc. I’ve had three or four cases in reasonably rapid succession.

Best way for Brits to have fun in this game? Play as Germany

Sad but true sometimes

1 Like

I can appreciate that in WW2 ,for example The UK faced Tigers, Tiger 2 and Panthers with Comets and Sherman fireflies and still got the job done but they did it in other ways not by having straight head-to-head shoot outs with the enemy.

It might help if the SP for CAS for the UK was lower for GRB but then it conflicts with the ARB game. Cheaper and quicker artillery times might reflect the UK as it was in WW2 but none of that translates to a good game of Warthunder.

Using the "what if factor " of the Centurion at 6BR is a fix but it seems to forget the up tier to 7 exists. If you think about it ,Warthunder is a shit game all round really lol.

Playing as the UK at low BR is certainly difficult. Gaijin throw us a bone with the Wythern at 4.3 but its a costly one and it sets all the squawkers off and many of them play ARB and not GRB.

Just the way the game is laid out makes it hard to fun playing Britain.
You will get hit by someone you cant see in the game that is a given and that is no fun in a vehicle that won’t even take one hit. The game is fantasy nowadays so why not ditch the tissue paper armour and silly reverse times. Give us roof mounted MGs and APHE a lower tiers.

1 Like

Anyone else feel that Britain needs some German captured premiums?
109, Tiger even a He111.

1 Like

wouldn’t mind Tiger 131
bet they give it only soild shot if they add it

3 Likes

Sounds like nothing new, but Im going to be playing the F3 a hell of a lot more and im going to be keeping an eye for things like this for bug reports. So try to save some clips if you can. So that we can submit the mother of all bug reports to maybe… finally… get the Skyslugs fixed