Object 785, what do we know about it?

from what I could find it is a T-80B that has been lengthened with the addition on a 7th road wheel. The gun is an early version on the 125mm 2A82 (same gun as used on the T-14 Armata) the back of the turret also seems to be extended.
Object_785.jpg.8b73dc68de0576ec0a57448217f27867.jpg.4fa8ceae48d1e5a134a45d1d51e26912

2 Likes

They also tested a 130mm rifled gun, it was a development of the M-65 gun.

I can’t find any photos of that though.

1 Like

:-)

Modern photo?

I believe it’s the 640 though, very similar to it however.

1 Like

First photo is object 195 third photo is object 640.

I’d say it’s lost to time or abandoned then, because those were stemmed from searching in the Russian language for «Объект 785.» That’s your best bet, and I couldn’t find anything.

Edit:

“The Object-785, a Soviet experimental main battle tank developed in the late 1970s, was never put into production and likely ended up as a prototype, with its design features potentially being incorporated into later tank advancements, but the exact fate of the physical tank is unknown, with most information suggesting it was likely scrapped after testing due to the project being abandoned.”

Sadly we have to remember these are just prototypes, and many of which had failed, but that’s just a part of research and development.

2 Likes

Luckily we do have these that exist!

Some of which are already in game!

1 Like

Object 292 is the least normal of them, Object 299 is my favorite, it’s the most unique idea of a vehicle for Tank x Tank that I think was made on the Soviet Union.

God, wish we had more Soviet objects from late 80s/early 90s

1 Like

I personally really like the 477, which is still in one specie today.

Both of these look very similar the Black Eagle upgrade that never materialized for the T 80s