Object 775 "BUR" Projectile stats

Does anyone know where Gaijin got the stats regarding the BUR high-explosive rocket? I haven’t seen any info regarding the specifics of the round, other than some less than reliable sources claiming the rocket had a velocity of 650-700 m/s. I ask because I am a writer for the Tank Encyclopedia and I am writing about the Object 775.

2 Likes

I love the Tank Encyclopedia!

1 Like

Glad you are a fan! I have been writing a lot about early-mid Cold War vehicles as of late.

2 Likes

BUR is the best shell of 775, look:
image
image

Indirect fire in arcade battles :P

1 Like

About BUR itself, all I can find:

"The 125‑mm unguided rocket projectile “Bur” was developed at Research Institute‑147 (chief designer A. N. Ganichev) in the early 1960s. It was intended for use with rocket tanks. The “Bur” projectiles were fired from a special tubular launcher‑gun of the D‑126 type, which was used in rocket tanks of the “Object 775” project. The same launchers were intended to be used with the guided missiles “Rubin”. To stabilize the “Bur” missile in flight, it rotated. The projectiles were loaded into the launchers using a semi‑automatic loading mechanism with remote control.

if that thing had a drone it would be perfect for indirect fire, i attempted to use it but i miss a lot with it, cant quite find the true accuracy in the rangefinder, whats the usual correction you add on the scope for 1km and 2km?

i usually do that with the bmd series and bmp3 however i prefer to use the inferior shell due to its lower velocity and better accuracy

1 Like

Well, yeah, if only it had a drone… Or at least if it had real number of HE shells (irl it was able to carry 48 HE shells inside, not 24, because every missile “slot” was able to carry 2 HE shells) Community Bug Reporting System

Thats why I stopped worrying and went to play tank arcade with it. You stand in 600-1000 meters from your teammates and then you see enemies that they can see. Even better if your team has a drone, it can recon enemy spawns and you can destroy the spaa.

For correction I do not add anything, just because arcade rangefinders work perfectly.

Yeah, its not optimal and not as interesting as realistic battles, but without its historic ammo count I don’t want to suffer :P For RB I have a bmp-3 or bmd-4. Or even bmp-2 (indirect firing with autocannon is a blessing on dense forest maps or desert maps)

1 Like

I find it funny that Tank Encyclopedia went into WT forums to seek for the Sekrit Dokuments.

3 Likes

I try to cast a wide net to catch whatever info I can!

if not mistaken bur is smaller than rubin so it makes sense that more can be stored but in war thunder when theres only one cannon theres a standard amount of projectiles based on the caliber rather than specification of the projectile itself (bur is quite unique in this sense) with the exception of gepard ap belts and other nerfed AA ap belts which have a limit of 40 rounds cuz in reality these vehicles can carry full ap belts, its just not a thing bcoz theres other machinery to deal with tanks and apcs

for the correction thing i meant that each HE shell and rocket has certain degree of failure the more distance it travels also theres something that happens when there is a hill between you and the enemy, idk what it is but you must add correction for this on top of distance and this way too noticeable in maps with lots of hills, if someone could explain this last part bcoz in my mind rangefinder draws a perfect straight line on the sky but mountains and hills add extra distance that distorts said parameter idk

You guys should mention the credits properly. Last time I checked Tank encyclopedia, someone had copied some stuff from one of my posts without proper credits.

Well, there is a pantsir that can carry either 1 missile or 4 missiles in a slot, sounds like a similar mechanic, so I reported it again after sm-sv addition.

i hate pantsir smsv lol whenever i go with my chinese AA and see theres one of these i just explode the vehicle and choose ground force vehicle instead to be more useful for the team bcoz its missile seems to disrupt my own missile causing it to miss entirely so it ends always in kill steal lol that or attempt to babysit it from enemy attacks with the proxy fuze rounds, although i dont think it needs it considering it has like 90 missile with ammo box which is more than enough to spam if it wanted for self defense

that thing seems like it belongs in a different tier above 12.0 maybe in 13.0 or something

1 Like

We are a large team, with writers, editors, illustrators etc. from around the world. If someone failed to credit you for your work they used, I do apologize.

What post of yours do you think was used without credit?

I have already got it settled after contacting the forum mods, the image has been removed from the site. Someone had shared a picture annotation from my T-59G post on the site as source although that was just my personal opinion and they also didn’t mention/link my post in the sources. They just wrote that it was taken from WT forum.
I wouldn’t have cared if it wasn’t used as a source material. At least they could have properly mentioned that its someone’s personal opinion and not credible information.