For me I would like to see in Sim is a form of SEAD and Deep Strike events. When we get bigger maps like in NE we can see them. The radar cites from NE I would replace them with the ones from the SEAD and beside regular bases that will be closer to the frontline I would like bases like the ones in Deep Strike Events deep in the enemy territory. But all that is theoretical because the maps we have are extremely small specially for above 10.7 (for me at least) first step would be putting the NE map, then adding the true size Falklands and then personal cope is adding maps like the Full size of Cyprus and Crete that can combine big areas for all this things to be added + more naval stuff as I truly enjoyed it in NE
When was the last time Gaijin speak with a sim community, propose ideas or listen the players? Sim is frozen, only BR maximum to 6.0 or 6.7 is enjoyable enough only if u want to kill another planes and do some dogfights. I like all the ideas players have but where are the devs? when were the last time any dev wants to speak and improve the game mode? First of all call them to join the conversation. I believe gaijin is not even reading the topics about sim mode.
I’ll say just one thing about this - never. Just no. NE gamemode in its current implementation is simply terrible. Constantly dodging a barrage of air-defense missiles at every turn would be awful and in the simulator, it would be even worse than in RB due to the limited cockpit view. The simulator is fine as it is. Gaijin had better not touch it, or it’ll end up the way it always does.
Questions:
- How many players do play those BRs?
- What changes after BR 6.7?
- What are key ideas (2-3 ideas) or expectations on sim EC improvement?
Since nuclear escalation has implemented a lot of the mechanics sim players have been asking for over the last several years ,I feel like we are closer to seeing these mechanics added to EC but at the same time since we have only had minor changes to sim it seems we have a long way to go before any major changes . there is still no incentive to do anything but air to air,and the air to air targets we do have in sim have been the same for years now across all BRs,
I also believe air rb was in a good place and the assets in NE should be meant for EC considering we still have the classic air rb mode vs it being reworked completely as EC should be .i just hope gaijin can address the obvious problems of sim EC and not just add something mediocre that should have been added 6 years ago,especially in top tier we should not be seeing 8.0 jets randomly crashing and flying faster that a F15 .or enemy Base models without infrastructure destruction modules.
Yes, yes, and yes again. NE is fundamentally just a rebranded EC mode. To say it would fit sim is an understatement.
While playing NE in first person with sim controls is very fun already, a dedicated sim mode would be the best thing to happen to sim in the past 5 yesrs or more.
Keep it as is, no useful actions, keep the matchmaker (if numbers allow), and just force first person. Easy as 1 2 3.
gaijin take note of this
Any kind of new addition to Sim is very welcome. It has gotten a little bit stale, to the point where WT Simmers stop playing Warthunder altogether.
I personally quite enjoy Nuclear Escalation, especially the earlier Era’s and would LOVE to see it as an EC gamemode.
Maybe even think about Helicopters? I feel like they would fit in at least a little bit and since those are very much locked into Ground Battles at the moment, would also bring more attention to them
They wont because “theres not enough people playing sim”
I think War Thunder is missing: not another separate game mode, but a persistent Combined Arms Enduring Confrontation where air, ground and naval forces are finally part of one continuous battlefield.
Exactly
Throughout my time playing sim there’s been so much feedback people have made that they’d love to see implemented into Sim/ EC, and it seems like NE is the culmination of a lot of this.
I’d love to see this in Sim and i feel like it would spark so much life back into SB after stagnation. Even just an updated version of OG Enduring Confrontation with newly made features or even map from NE would be amazing o7
I mean I don’t know how many people actually play sim so the devs might get more value from spending their time elsewhere as there are other things that would benefit a larger section of the player base.
I will absolutely support this idea. We haven’t gotten anything for sim for the past 5-ish years, so any new thing is highly appreciated. Additional idea: Allow helis too, so that they have a real purpose other than to be used in tank matches that are all over in 10 minutes.
Edit: Also the maps need to be a bit bigger for sim. But I’ve heard you are planning to do 256 x 256 km maps anyway, so all a sim Nuclear Thunder setting would require is to basically delete the 3rd person perspective and markers.
In addition, I would severely tone down the several AAs. At the moment as soon as you take off you get pegged by like 5 different radars plus players.
So the best would be MUCH larger maps, nerfed AA and … don’t let it replace classic EC yet. NE sim would need time to grow first.
Thank you!
1000% agree just add a 10-12km redzone around enemy airfields so they cant spawn camp
It is in their plans for the long term
Game industry wise, the “not enough players” argument should be much less of a thing these days. There’s been a boom the past decade, making good sim equipment much more accessible to people, at better prices.
Gaijin needs to recognize that there is a re-emerging Sim audience. The assets exist to make Sim a very fun and rewarding experience. Gaijin just needs to put in the effort to refresh Sim gameplay.
Sim players are also a demographic that’s more likely to pour money into the games they like. Make Sim fun (and rewarding), and the $$$ will come!
That’s a lot of air for a non-answer, especially since it’s pretty clear Gaijin has been putting anything sim related to the lowest position on their priority lists. A lot of work has to be done in order for things in NE to not make pilots want to set their hair on fire and launch through the office windows, especially the SAMs targeting functions and ground vehicle counter-air fire.
But I would happily like to be proven wrong within a year.
Still, that’s the longest answer regardin sim development in a long time, and thus exciting news.
