Noticed a little something

For those unaware

5 Likes

Yeah, some guy on reddit pointed it out…

here’s a crappy overlay

Reference

Warthunder LORE???

5 Likes

could be a big coincidence or maybe they just didn’t know what it was when the searched up explosion.

Только Энергия Буран, мой товарищ!!!

AI will be doing it.

Oof.

1 Like

I wonder if Gaijin will have to make a statement about it. This isn’t the kind of thing you would want to use in video game artwork. I’m also really curious as to how it even happened in the first place.

Also, here’s the Reddit post that first brought it up, good job to the OP for noticing it.

I guess in the Gaijin Universe the Challenger was a false flag attack…

Tho actually I do agree this is a little distasteful, but can understand if it was just a accident by some non-american artist.

Almost surely its AI generated which “borrows” from its training set of images, so these kind of artifacts are very common.

Possibly AI generated as well.

1 Like

Hey guys, we have accidentally used the explosion from the Challenger disaster in one of our key art images. Please accept our sincere apologies for this, the picture was part of an aerial explosion reference pack used by our artists and the context was lost.

We’ll be altering this artwork as soon as we can and will take measures to ensure that this doesn’t repeat again in the future.

57 Likes