North Korean Ground Forces Sub-Tree

Great! Can’t wait to see!

I means the one with ERA.

Do you have a source for this image/more info? I tried reverse searching and didn’t find anything.

I find that the Russian tree already has enough vehicles, adding them would not be wise. China would be a better idea, but I stay for a sub-tree of South Korea, don’t forget, there was a time, although far away Korea was one and the same nation.

3 Likes

[North Korean military parade 2023.7.27] 视频去哪了呢?_哔哩哔哩_bilibili

2 Likes

1+ see this as an second options instead of the United Korea Tree which in my opinion is an first option.

I agree that an full United Korea Air Tree would be underwhelming with 50-55% of Unique/modified aircrafts while the rest would be Copy n paste due to the lower Tiers you mentioned (not a lot of modified aircraft).
You could however make it an Israeli style Tree which lowers the percentage of Copy n Paste by 5-10%.
Here is the suggestion, thanks to @SaabGripen :

United Korea Aviation Tech Tree

However the United Korea Tree is mainly looked at for their Ground Tree as it brings tons of interesting unique and modified vehicles that only focuses on Korean used and build vehicles.

3 Likes

I mean, I would’ve just added North Korean vehicles as event vehicles just like Gaijin was doing to Israel for awhile. Either way my idea makes more sense, either that or combine them with South Korea which I’d like to see more.

Event vehicles massively limits how many will make it in the game, though.

To be fair North Korea doesn’t have much in terms of main battle tanks.

Well, they have at least the 9 ones here.

1 Like

Yeah, most are just T-62s with what is probably some sort of add on Composite and Steel. But I can definitely see them doing what they did with the Chinese and just throw them in with South Korea. And just call the tech tree “Korea”.

One Korea Tech Tree would be much better imo.

China also has a United Tree and consists of both the PRC and RoC in one with Soviet / USA / Chinese EQ mixed together - i don’t see a Reason why North Korea shouldn’t be in a United Korea Tree especially since it would give more available Vehicles for a potential Korea Tree.

6 Likes

I 100% agree on this.

An United Korean Tree offers 95+ vehicles (75% unique/modified) why not go with this first instead of having a Tree with far less vehicles available and you would have a Tree focused on both Korean build and used vehicles.

4 Likes

United korean tree would be better idea

5 Likes

I agree with GrafEule, as well as GildyMenn21.

Also, technically, the Ch’ŏnma variants are technically related to the USSR, not China, because they are based on the T-62.

Moreover, from a gameplay-related perspective, the China tree doesn’t even need a North Korea subtree. Instead of the sloppy logic of “Communist Asians? Put them in one tree!”, adding China’s export vehicle lines to the China tree is more representative of China’s technical history.

4 Likes

China’s export vehicles don’t have to be ignored in the case of adding NK.

The USSR/Russia already has 5 lines, a lot of other NK vehicles are Chinese inspired (light tanks and TDs on the base of Chinese APCs, for one) and China and the USSR vehicles share technology anyway.

Not to mention China has closer international relations to NK than Russia does. I’m not putting them together because “communist Asians.”

Either option does work, but I’d like to make the case for them to go with China.

You could just separate the vehicles, Chinese related vehicles go to China and Soviet related vehicles go to the Soviets, they already do this with other nations.

1 Like

That would be a bit odd though. Afaik there aren’t any nations like this in game either – there are one-offs, such as Canada (C2 in Germany, ADATS in UK) but not entire vehicle lineages. Imo it’s much better for them to all be together, in one or the other tree.

I understand that, but it’s still a possibility. Canada, Poland and a few others are done this way.

North Korea seeming closer to China than Russia, this is the current situation. Macroscopically, North Korea tried to balance between Russia and China depending on the timing. This isn’t specifically North Korea, it’s a common way for small countries to survive and pursue their national interests.

1 Like