North Holland - Ground Battles Feedback Thread

The only things that look accurate are the houses (mostly) and the amount of bikes. Everything else is not dutch at all, even less so north holland or god forbid amsterdam. North Holland does not have natural hills this large nor rivers this empty.

This map makes Call of Duty’s Vondel look like a 1:1 masterpiece (it isn’t).

6 Likes

borderline cloning maps isn’t making the game better imo. Just have those maps more often in the mm and work on bigger maps, where spawncamping after 60 to 90 s isn’t an issue.

Giving a (semi)historical map different assets, to make it non-historical is for me, more a downgrade, than an upgrade. I would have prefered a (semi)historical map.
And not a “North Holland” map with hills, where most of northern Holland is close to or below sea level.

1 Like

Near the fuel tanks just outside of the town, you can hear a ghost engine noise, IDK how to link my replay of it into this.

For me looks identical with other houses. Kind of boring. There would have been plenty of options in Netherlands to choose from.

Yeah Vondel thats what i was thinking yesterday evening while driving in the new map. But i must say, Vondel is nicer.

A White Rock Fortress -ish map with a dutch star fortress town instead would be pretty cool. Still wouldn’t be accurate to the real thing (and you wouldn’t have any real reason to fight there in the first place), but it’d be cooler than this.

I’m happy with it. Eastern Europe is one of my very favourite maps in the game, and the aesthetics of this one are nice too. At absolute worst, I now have double the chances of getting this map layout, which is still a positive.

My one gripe is the essentially empty river, in yet another example of taking away water obstacles. It’s lame in general, and especially for amphibious vehicles. :(

4 Likes

Why are there hills in North Holland? Both the provinces North and South Holland are the flattest areas in the Netherlands. A country known for being flat.

Seriously, you’ve ever been? Like a smooth pancake aside from the curvature of the earth.

1 Like

I think they just wanted to make a copy of Eastern Europe and threw a dart at a map of western europe to pick a country.

2 Likes

The funny thing is, you can have “terrain” for elevation and cover in Holland but they are in the forms of dikes that are not more than one or two tanks high sticking out from flatter land than most can imagine … which is enough for gameplay purposes. Like that Band of Brothers episode “Crossroads” where they kinda run up and down those dikes and ambush a German company.

Tbh, for CAS it would be harder to hide and same goes for long range campers. Dutch flatness single handedly wipes out two of the most hated playstyles in ground battles.

If the dev’s really wanna add an NL map AND have terrain, just go a couple hundred kilometers south east where the Netherlands shares a 300 meter mountain with Germany and Belgium… the pride of the Kingdom for it’s great great height.

This map is just so tone-deaf to what the community has been actually asking for. You wanted long to mid-range engagements and CQC like Tunisia? Best we can do is copy and paste an existing CQC map and rebrand it as “new”.

Why on earth would they release yet another CQC madness map (a lazy one at that), I know the outskirts exist but if this map doesn’t offer a 550 meter version like European Province it’s going straight into the ban list. This game deserves better.

2 Likes

Making a large, flat map of a dutch “polder” (google it) with a couple of farm houses here and there and some windmills would be 10x more dutch than this.
As a dutchie, I’m honestly offended. There’s not nearly enough bike lanes or parked bikes anywhere to make this even remotely like the netherlands, and the massive america-styled mall makes it only worse. This is awful and incredibly tone-deaf.

6 Likes

Been playing it on dev and I like it. And I don’t even like urban maps. Because its long and narrow with big fields on either side, It has lots of long sight lines both N-S and E-W. But the buildings makes ATGMs and derp guns hard to use. I guess that is why they made the canals drive-able.

Yeah, I noticed that. If they had made the canals impassable, then the bridges would become key points. I think they did it to give covered avenues of approach from flankers, since the town is only a couple of blocks wide in some places.

Eastern Europe is one of the single most Liked maps in the game, if not the most, as explictly stated in the map’s dev blog. So no, this is literally the opposite of tone deaf, and is giving the community more of the style of map that they want.

Maybe one day the vocal minority will gain some self-awareness…

I’m okay with the map as long as it offers the same large layout of European Province, which I quite like, otherwise it’s just another city map no different from the rest.

I am from the Netherlands and it’s not that it is a bad map, but I am indeed quite disappointed that gaijin didn’t actually put any effort into trying to accurately replicate a dutch city. Other cities are very accurately represented, while in this case it’s just a rework of an existing map. As already has been stated it is just the basic layout from another map with new building positions. This does offer a different playstyle, but I was really looking forward to being able to recognize some cities from my home country. Not mad, just quite disappointed

They should have called it “Modern” European Province Europe, instead of trying to gaslight all of us into thinking it’s a new map in Holland…