North American F-86H - The Ultimate Sabre

+1000, it would be fantastic to see the ultimate model of American service Sabres in game

The H might be more unique, but the F-40 was a very important step for the F-86, with the US retrofitting MOST of their F-86F inventory with the 6-3 wing, and it being limited to Japan is a disgrace as much as the F-86H not already being in the tree.

3 Likes

+1, it’s a huge shame that Gaijin missed out on a huge number of early US jets

3 Likes

yes US developed the sabre but other nations like japan get ones that carry AIM-9B’s while none of the US ones get to equip missiles

4 Likes

If Russia gets MiG-17F then yes :)

1 Like

Puerto Rico ANG F-86H weapon display with two AIM-9B’s.

9 Likes

What’s that arrowhead looking thing on the far right?

Dart Aerial Gunnery Target, they would be mounted to a plane, and then be unspooled by cable behind the mounted aircraft for other aircraft to shoot at.

1 Like

Don’t miss XD

1 Like

Oh okay, so not some sort of precision guided arrow. I personally think precision, guided bow and arrow weapons would be cool😎

Real

1 Like

No idea why Russia hasn’t gotten it yet. Both aircraft should’ve been added a long time ago

7 Likes

Great video on the Hog was put out last week. Makes me really want to try one out WT. Although is t the FJ-4B pretty much the same concept?

https://youtu.be/Y20Puwq-ANY?si=nFL-3v3nG3mxGP0G

2 Likes

Especially when both Germany and Italy have the PF

Really cool video, I hadn’t seen it pop up on my feed

First time I see a picture of an F-86H with 9Bs, will save this one

2 Likes

If it gets the top camo (which is simply gorgeous) absolutely lol, +1

4 Likes

No. The FJ-4B weighs more with less thrust and unsurprisingly the F-86H rinses it in all performance aspects. The only real advantage the Fury has is the six Sidewinder mounts (four in game) compared to the F-86H’s two.

4 Likes

For anyone interested, the FJ-4B’s 6xAIM-9s were bug reported, altough I don’t see why it was submitted as a suggestion as it is a capability it is missing, not something like an ordnance option that could be omitted for balance…

3 Likes

I feel like they may be purposely keeping the extra 2 out because then they would have to raise the BR of it, and that BR range is already very messy.

With all the MiG-15 and MiG-17 variants in game it’s about time.