Next Major Update - Rumor Roundup & Discussion

I will try, thanks!

1 Like

If it has different ammo than it wouldn’t really be a c&p. Likewise if the vehicle changed in some way like having a muzzle brake or different optics added its also not c&p. However it would be preferable that the difference is meaningful in some way. (Like having different ammo yes)

2 Likes

Then we’d be adding the KV-1, and T-28 as so far those were the one also on the list to get the new muzzle but they could also fire the Finnish 76 psa HKR, PSA Vj-1, Vj-4, ammo without th muzzle but the muzzle did also improve velocity alongside the ammos already improved velocity.

As stated by Smin the T-34 would probably be a new vehicle with the pepper pot.

Resume


Päämaja_1944_2

Denne tekst vil blive skjult

3 Likes

Now what about SPAA? If it’s a unique chassis but standard gun for other SPAA do we consider it C&P?

1 Like

If the chassis is unique then no it wouldn’t be. Or do people genuinely people think the leopard 40mm and AMX dca 40 are the same vehicle?

1 Like

Guess there’s actually not much copy and paste for the Nordic countries by your point.

Most of our equipment is modified in some way, even our Leopards though personally I’m more so a fan of aircraft and 8.x-9.x vehicles

1 Like

I’ve seen people complain when I asked for the M55 Bedford or the Sisu 6x6 because of the gun

2 Likes

I’d say that there are levels to copy-paste and not all copy-paste is bad.

When the copy-paste is done in places where domestic or otherwise unique vehicles could be added, it becomes a problem.

If it’s done for the sake of padding out a tech-tree it’s usually just annoying and makes Gaijin look very lazy.

When the only difference is the ammo/ordnance, that is a model copy-paste job, but at least it has some gameplay difference.

As soon as the model features changes, it isn’t really copy-paste anymore, but if the gameplay isn’t affected, I can understand why people would regard it as copy-paste.

6 Likes

That’s about my same stance too, it’s unfortunate gaijin skips out on unique models whenever they can unfortunately

4 Likes

Gotta love those M109s and M44s

bible words there, exactly my stance too just like Pheonix said, it’s just that they love to de-unique-fyi wathever copy paste possible and oh boy the love to take any chance possible…

1 Like

one thing to realise is that people have varying definitions of “copy and paste”, some things I wouldn’t consider copy and paste, others would consider copy and paste

4 Likes

Tbf most of them are different short barrel smoke launcher roof gun ect, I just think they should’ve been spaced out and domestic options should’ve been looked at first over one large C&P

It’s like I could ask for the Danish M109A3 but Norways model has ammo from Bofors which makes it different.

1 Like

“It’s your nations fault for exporting/importing so many vehicles”

No, it’s Gaijins fault for skipping over suggestions for unique additions and adding copies of vehicles just for the sake of adding more vehicles to a tree

6 Likes

Not like that’s inherently a bad thing or “just for the sake of adding more vehicles”, the Tor and Osa for Israel are perfect examples.

4 Likes

Tbf id call the Finnish one C&P easy, I bug reported it when it first came out and nothing has come from it.

It has the exact same weight while stock as the Russian 1941 model which has the add on armor upgrade which increases the weight from 31.1t to 31.3t, the Finnish version without any of the actual parts that the Fins put on and less parts than the Russian yet it has the weight of 31.3t

Nothing about that vehicle was given care of love from gaijin, if you look at the T-34 I showed earlier even that model has the headlight covers.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that the Tor and OSA were just added for the sake of adding more vehicles, but yes, there can be cases where that is acceptable

3 Likes

That just shows how much more they used to care about certain vehicles back then

I’m talking in general. 60m to 30m wouldn’t hurt the game. Could still multi-path just mostly on flat maps. Multi-path gameplay isn’t that bad. But it’s what most players do in sim lobbies because they don’t know how to notch right. Most players would still stick to Denmark or Tunisia in sim anyway.

My point is that a lot of copy and paste is often seen as “just for the sake of it” when these vehicles usually add something to a lineup. We’ve also been told before that copy and paste doesn’t take away from their work (rather than them “skipping over suggestions for unique additions”), but whether you believe that or not is up to you ^^

4 Likes