Yeah likely 5th gens by Christmas. Same with next-gen missiles too I reckon.
For next update though I reckon F-15EX and Su-35, CBU’s, maybe ECM and EW. Hoping we see some cargo aircraft that BVV_d talked about.
Yeah likely 5th gens by Christmas. Same with next-gen missiles too I reckon.
For next update though I reckon F-15EX and Su-35, CBU’s, maybe ECM and EW. Hoping we see some cargo aircraft that BVV_d talked about.
When that drops, somebody will be crying
i think we all know who
Me
No F-15E1 = sad
You sir has chosen death

Who does this Guy think he is?
No AMRAAM is comparable to Meteor lol
Of course, the AIM-174B would give it a run for its money, but then you remember it’s on a Super Hornet. It would be best in the Nuclear Escalation mode, where you have time to accelerate and choose targets etc but basically be useless in smaller scale Air RB matches because Eurofighter/Su-30SM2/J-16/F-15E/F-15EX will all be screaming ahead in BVR
they are somehow close in development ages which makes me think aim120 is worse than it should be but maybe not since USA keeps making new aim260 and aim424
AIM-120 started development like 20 years before the Meteor IIRC (might have to fact check this), it only really “started” in the early 2000s for the Meteor
AMRAAM and meteor are not close lol
and meteor should have fairly good close range performance aswell
iirc first operational use of amraam was 1992 which is like 2 years before the plans for meteor even started
I don’t think the AIM-174B would be good, even when strapped to a better airframe
I can’t imagine that they put much effort into making a missile developed to destroy AWACS highly maneuverable
30 years actually but year nvm I guess USA needed that full upgrade but meteor and aim260 are too classified for dev team to know just what to put
from what i read its derived from the SM6? so it should still be fairly maneuverable
as classified as almost every other toptier missile ingame just about
It was designed to intercept multiple types of targets, including fighters. It’s not a “AWACS killer” like R-37 (even that has ~22-25 Gs max overload IIRC, but that’s a lot for a Mach 6 missile)
AIM-260 just became a thing in the public domain.
MBDA (and other companies connected to meteor’s development) isn’t as cagey with stuff, or at least the stuff that’s needed to implement Meteor
Depends on what you consider “started development”
You had ramjet versions of Skyflash way back in 1984, with it then becoming the S225X being unveiled in 1993 and a Ramjet varaint called the S22XR in 1994.
S22XR was being developed specifically with the Typhoon in mind for its missile requirements
That missile would go onto being refined into the Meteor.
but is it even on the websites of the manufacturers yet?(aim260)
it is nvm
this is the best Lockheed says about it I think