Next Major Update - Rumor Roundup & Discussion

Not like that’s inherently a bad thing or “just for the sake of adding more vehicles”, the Tor and Osa for Israel are perfect examples.

5 Likes

Tbf id call the Finnish one C&P easy, I bug reported it when it first came out and nothing has come from it.

It has the exact same weight while stock as the Russian 1941 model which has the add on armor upgrade which increases the weight from 31.1t to 31.3t, the Finnish version without any of the actual parts that the Fins put on and less parts than the Russian yet it has the weight of 31.3t

Nothing about that vehicle was given care of love from gaijin, if you look at the T-34 I showed earlier even that model has the headlight covers.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that the Tor and OSA were just added for the sake of adding more vehicles, but yes, there can be cases where that is acceptable

3 Likes

That just shows how much more they used to care about certain vehicles back then

I’m talking in general. 60m to 30m wouldn’t hurt the game. Could still multi-path just mostly on flat maps. Multi-path gameplay isn’t that bad. But it’s what most players do in sim lobbies because they don’t know how to notch right. Most players would still stick to Denmark or Tunisia in sim anyway.

1 Like

My point is that a lot of copy and paste is often seen as “just for the sake of it” when these vehicles usually add something to a lineup. We’ve also been told before that copy and paste doesn’t take away from their work (rather than them “skipping over suggestions for unique additions”), but whether you believe that or not is up to you ^^

5 Likes

The problem with that is that in that one “recent” Q&A, we’ve been told that they didn’t really want to add the AS90, because Britain already had the M109 and the G6, so I am very much inclined to not believe the statement that copy-paste doesn’t take away from the work on other vehicles.

2 Likes

At 30m you are pretty much going to get hit by a missile most of the time, it just turns Multipath from something somewhat-reliable to something gimmicky. It also will probably create a situation where missiles w/ a larger warhead are now pretty much immune to multipath.

1 Like

the more we get cases such as this the more Mauswaffe’s suggestion is shining as our comet XD

1 Like

I don’t recall this, was this in the last Q&A? All I could find was this;

After several rounds of that, we just decided that whenever possible, we’ll include those shared vehicles in multiple tech trees right away.
That doesn’t mean, of course, that we don’t have plans to add unique vehicles to the game — far from it. Those are still being added, and more are planned.
For instance, we’ve got unique self-propelled artillery vehicles and other vehicles in the works. So we’re doing both: shared designs and original ones.
(YouTube Transcript)

It’s why it hard to call it a proper problem. And more “I just hate these nations/additions and want to labed it” so I can get others to call it a problem.

There is a reason why if I held what constantly moving description of C&P is, I’d confidently be able to call every vehicle in War Thunder C&P and there is Zero unique vehicles in War Thunder

Same family
Plays like something else
Share a part with something else
Etc.

Every vehicle in the world meets two or more of these complaints. Especially stuff like MBTs and Aircraft.

3 Likes

Maps with trees have trees that are up to ~25 meters tall, there are trees that are way larger than multi-story buildings on certain maps.

There are plenty of examples of floating trees as well.

Not to forget that Phoenixes are guaranteed to damage you at such low altitudes and that other SARH/ARH missiles are very likely to damage or hit you at that point.

60m multipath is completely fine and for ARB, it doesn’t hurt the gameplay at all, it helps a lot of planes and allows you to take a different approach to the battlefield in the ARH spam without having to fly in a notch for several minutes on end.

This is the second time they have used the A400M model in a video, this time even with air dropped munitions (body pillows but still).

https://youtube.com/shorts/rnPVaicelAc?si=IMaJhpcXUZqoSzKE
image

Now with Airbus and the German Air Force announcing they are planning a “mothership” A400 able to launch 12 x “Taurus sized” munitions it would be a perfect opportunity to make the most out of the model they have for it.

2 Likes

Reminder that they used a Vulcan model in one of the other videos

The appearance of such models doesn’t mean anything, as they could just be assets bought from other companies or cheap 3D model jobs without any actual functionality

Not to mention that a lot of subtrees are subtrees because they aren’t powerhouses like main-stay nations and can’t afford (financially and in other ways) to make their own unique vehicles and modifications.

4 Likes

I can still hope.

Although I do reckon the Vulcan will turn up at some point next year. I just hope the A400 will too in the future. Would be cool to have for NE, same with the other cargo aircraft that are being armed.

1 Like

I guess the guy made the HVMS suggestion had some pleasant minutes when he learned about those Tor’s

Huh, maybe this is a case of a game of telephone then

I’ll have to look for when I first heard the claim

Would sure be cool to have some AI plane targets in NE.

NE currently still feels very half-baked…

1 Like

Both would be great, the A400 usually fly 33K above Derby and even then I can easily identify them just by sound alone. Tho non has came over lately due to the runway works at Norton