Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

@BleedingUranium

1 Like

AV-8S will be a neat addition, definitely gonna grind Japan for it now (unless it’s a premium)
Basically gonna be an AV-8A with RWR and AIM-9P-4s

2 Likes

Oooo interesting, thanks! Looking forward to seeing how these groups of aircraft play out, it would be a good way to lessen the “every ship on the map goes for one plane” we currently have.

AV-8S will be a neat addition, definitely gonna grind Japan for it now (unless it’s a premium)
Basically gonna be an AV-8A with RWR and AIM-9P-4s

1 Like

From Olivia

“This will probably the last leak from me until the next dev blog cycle
AV-8S”

You are late :P

2 Likes

Minecraft and forum issues my friend lol

3 Likes

There have been lots of Forum issues lately.

Between being slow and failing to load a lot.

1 Like

Yuudachi and Yūdachi are equally correct, they’re the two standard ways of representing a long vowel; it’s “Yudachi” that would be incorrect.

She is, rather frustratingly, one of the only Japanese ships to properly respect long vowels. I tried to get these fixed once, but after being told by a relevant mod that name fixes are considered bug fixes rather than historical fixes and thus don’t need a source… I then had my report closed as “not a bug” by a different mod. :|

As for which version should be used, while the macron does “look fancier” it’s also the whole reason we English speakers struggle with this issue in the first place; people don’t know how to write the funny flat accent or why it’s there… so it almost instantly just gets ignored. The double letter system doesn’t have this issue, as one doesn’t require any understanding to copy it correctly.

Thus while both are technically correct, double letter is infinitely superior as a practical option. Which is also why it’s thankfully the most common these days.

The ships in question are:

• Syonan (should be Shounan or Shōnan) - not only misses the long vowel, but also uses the horrendously antiquated and inappropriate “syo”
  • Yūgure (or Yuugure) - correct, but inconsistent
  • Yuudachi (or Yūdachi) - correct, but inconsistent
  • Yugumo (should be Yuugumo or Yūgumo)
  • Yubari (should be Yuubari or Yūbari)
  • Myoko (should be Myoukou or Myōkō)
  • Kongo (should be Kongou or Kongō)
  • Fuso (should be Fusou or Fusō)
  • Hyuga (should be Hyuuga or Hyūga)
2 Likes

Looks like Thailand will be a sub tree to Japan then with the AV-8S being leaked

2 Likes

USSR will get its own

I mean that has been obvious for a long time now. It’s not like they had another option.

1 Like

No discord screenshot. 110% false.

Jk. Thats cool. Can carry AMRAAMS right?

No it can’t its a harrier I

1 Like

Oh, not too interesting then.

Here is a photo

2 Likes

Does it have CCIP and will be 9.7 like the other Harriers? or what Br? If it’s 9.7, for sure would be more useful for CAS than the T-2 since the T-2 doesn’t have CCIP for rockets/bombs/guns.

they do, as they are mk 53 and 55, so they are pretty much the same as the av8a

1 Like

@Smin1080p one question you have some news to share on what is happening with Easy Anti Cheat?

https://twitter.com/LookAtMyMeat1/status/1769559765561033014

3 Likes

Looks nice but not really my playstyle.
All thought 4x 9P4 might give it an interesting Br. Still, no radar means poor sim potential imo.