Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion

I suppose what scares me is the 12 16"/50 heavy naval guns, Of course the barbette weakspot is still there but if thats fixed either it becomes harder to pen, or it doesn’t kill her anymore in which case the only way to pen is through the belt which requires you to get close in so the abysmal accuracy of large-calibre US guns is not an issue.

Also yes Britain’s only applicable WNT design is G 3, though I see where you are coming from about not adding laid down designs, I think if they’re going to do it they should commit to it. For example G 3 very happily fills an absolute top tier role for the UK as a Yamato equivalent. Lion does not really do this in my opinion as she’s still a Treaty design and has tradeoffs. It would be silly to leave the UK without a Yamato equivalent when one exists and is just as real in terms of being laid down as Kronshtadt, or the Francesco Carraciollo (that I expect to be added).

Agreed with the Lexingtons though, somehow they made a Hood on a relatively similar displacement but worse, after seeing Hood irl and getting her designer to help them redesign their knock-off Hood.

It might own tree and move from british

Sub tree for Royal Saudi in the future ?

Mate, I was joking.

Also, there is no way the Saudis would have enough vehicles to fill even a single tech tree column

1 Like

Then it would be a Neo-Roman Empire TT. Would’nt be against it tho XD

1 Like

That is a good catch! Would make sense.

That’s fine, but all I ask is that our kit gets upgrades to keep it viable. The Brit Phantoms got nothing after Skyflash, and we were stuck fighting F-14s and F-16s with Skyflash and 9G (unless you rocked around in the Harrier GR.7 with your 9Ms, but traded that for basically being unable to choose what fights you took).

I don’t want to see someone getting 120C-5/8 and AIM-9X but Britain still being stuck with 120B and 9M.

1 Like

Subtree doesn’t have to be a “line” of vehicles. Look at India. Doesn’t even have a TT vehicle last I checked.

I am pretty sure he (oom1992) was talking about a separate tree for Saudi Arabia with Kuwait and Jordan as subtrees

that would probably struggle for low tier stuff. then again, Israel exists.

Take a look at all those J-7D and J-7E players right below it too lol

It would struggle for everything.

1 Like

The F-111B is a fleet defense interceptor with AIM-54s. It’d probably be niche/bad in game but I want it anyway.

1 Like

Well, in that case I am pretty sure the reason why we haven’t seen that yet is the fact that the F-14s already serve that role and that Phoenixes (as easy as they may be to counter most of the time) create a massive imbalance in the average 11.7-12.7 matches

Reading up on it a bit also leads me to believe that it never having entered service might also be a factor.

I’m expecting it to be an event vehicle at 12.0.

12.0? You crazy?

It’s considerably worse than the F-14A at 12.3, so not, I am not.

Naaah, the F-111B could carry six Phoenixes. There ain’t no way 11.0 should have to deal with that

Carrying six mediocre ARH missiles doesn’t make up for its bad flight performance.

It does when those 6 missiles turn into 2-4 kills on a regular basis

Anyone that is paying any sort of attention can easily avoid them. They do not define an aircraft’s capabilities, only add to them.