Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion

I could be trippin right now, but I am pretty sure that the Japanese tree has some missile capable boats already, they just haven’t received those missiles

2 Likes

Sorry, when I say missile boats I mean with the missiles fireable and usable. The Albatros for instance (the German FAC) has 4 Exocet Launcher but they’re all unusable, hence not (in my definition) a Missile Boat

Japan probably does have missiles on some of those ships irl, but doesn’t in game

1 Like

Big bombers and clunky interceptors.

1 Like

EC map!

1 Like

Correct. Chikugo and the PG-02 were missile-armed craft, but their missiles are not available in-game.

2 Likes

Upcoming event?

Not really since there only two ish singles left then it’s the Winter one I believe

1 Like

No, I get ya, I was just thinking about whether Britain even has missile capable ships in the game, even without the missiles being implemented.

The closest thing I could think of are those weird anti air rocket launchers on the HMS Hood, which sadly don’t work

1 Like

“Anti air rocket launchers”. As in unguided rockets? Did those even work irl?

cursed

1 Like

They seem to have been rather ineffective lol

I would still like to see them ingame

3 Likes

at least it worked unlike the Rad90

I’d love to know what the TH-200 would have looked like lol

The Leopard-class represented by HMS Leopard in-game eventually were refit with Seacat missiles, but other than that the UK has no missile-carrying craft in-game.

3 Likes

I might suggest the county class to be introduced to war thunder, probably as one of the batch A with 2x4.5-in, or the Glamorgan since she did gain some fame in the falklands, with exocets artificially removed.

1 Like

can you lock tanks or AI ground targets with that? It could be useful while using GPS bombs

isn’t there a 120mm version aswell?

Correction HMCS Terra Nova’s 1990 retrofit gave it a Harpoon missile launcher along with other things. So that’s another thing that could have gotten missiles.

3 Likes

Oh, look, Class 1

8 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.