Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion

Netherlands will order 2A8s. Keyword being “will”. Neither Hungary nor Italy are getting 2A8s.

Italy MoD did show interest in getting Leopard 2A8
And KraussMaffei did state that the Leopard 2A7HU is going to be the model base for the Leopard 2A8, so both are basically the same
And I also made an edit for the dutch MoD

I thought they already did?

can you link me where they said that?

I thought the 2A8 was an improved A7V with Trophy

2A8IT is cancelled, Italian Leonardo is in cooperation with Rheinmetall now to create new Italian MBT (most likely based on KF51).

1 Like

Sorry this one is in German but yes, the integration of Trophy APS is one of the planned additionnal feature for Germany’s own Leopard 2A8

As far as our own news has reported is that the purchase of the ~50 2A8s was put on the government budget that was presented a few weeks back, but I haven’t seen anything about any deal being signed yet.

The deal with Italy fell through because Leonardo and KNDS couldn’t agree on a configuration. The 2A8 is based on the 2A7HU but still very different, i.e. upgraded engine, improved armour, LWS, Trophy, new FCS.

2 Likes

Oh I see thanks for the info, haven’t heard much since Italy said they were interested in the MGCS program (which was years ago lmao)

Most of the accounts complaining about the VT-4 were owned by one guy (who was since banned for his ban evasion)

I don’t think it’s much of a stretch that even the others are just a vocal minority just pretending to be speaking for all of China.

Most probably don’t care as long as it’s done fairly, and China gets a comparable tank (Pakistani VT-4 seems perfect for that)

2 Likes

Eh. Im sure itll be controversial, but china shouldnt get special treatment.

(only russia gets special treatment here)

btw thailand is going to china(apparently)

Lmfao

No

7 Likes

Not really. We know China is getting multiple nations by what BVVD said but we don’t know which.

The question named Thailand, but didn’t specifically ask about it, just about other nations. Thailand was used as example alongside Bangladesh and Pakistan.

I’d say there’s two likely options here. Either China gets nothing Thai, or specifically gets only Chinese exports to Thailand.
I am actually leaning towards the first option since there really isn’t anything they couldn’t get from anywhere else and they would probably want to avoid “Thai vs Thai” in sim, but it could really be both.

lmfao

yes

1 Like

Gszabi99 liked my post bruh

1 Like

and

Both Japan and China might receive thai vehicles. China will get the Eastern stuff and Japan will get western.

2 Likes

where is this from

Please don’t ignore the question.

The question asked about other nations with close cooperation to China would be added, Thailand was merely an example and one of many.

I am not doubting China will receive a subtree, but Thailand is not a very likely option. Pakistan, Bangladesh and other more consistently “Red” nations, as opposed to Thailand with a more mixed and overwhelmingly “Blue” equipment, are more likely.

4 Likes