Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion

I wouldn’t be surprised!
I know the AV8B is supposed to get one with seeker for radar stations. HARM it’s called I think.

At this point I’m going to interject that the only “source” for that is a questionable at best “leak”. I wouldn’t expect Poland this year.

12 Likes

Sad new nation noises

2 Likes

Yup. Two different ones based on the AIM-9L, one by the US in the 70s and one by Diehl in the 2010s which were tested by F-16s and JAS 39s.

3 Likes

Indonesia and Poland should come together, they use the same flag after all.

5 Likes

That is a total of 250 122mm tubes

4 Likes

Yep, Poland is actually just upside down Indonesia.

1 Like

So Poland is the next nation?

The entirety of British naval shuddering right now

I think a subtree for Japan is more likely to come first, we’ve been waiting a long time for something to flesh out the TT more

Maybe Thailand or ASEAN joint subtree

8 Likes

nop, HARM is AGM-88, big long stick thing you see on Hornets and F-16s and the like.

The AGM Sidewinder you’re probably thinking of is AGM-122, sometimes called “Sidearm”

If I remember, back when they were mulling over radar guided Sidewinders, they made AIM-9C (seen on some of the Crusaders in game) - it understandably sucked, because it didn’t really have the performance or standoff needed for a SARH missile. Some genius came up with the idea of making these 9Cs into Radar seeking (Anti Radiation weapons) and bunged a slightly modified seeker in.

They’ve also played around with proper A/G sidewinders, but other bloke put a far more informative and accurate post on that.

4 Likes

September passed for consideration should be on the way, hope to see some interesting things.

3 Likes

Hmm, would make sense if Germany would get in the Patch when we get one day thr SEAD mode an New Tornado,
Tornado ASSTA3.1
Better engines
HARM and LJDAM
ECM pods with MAW when?

Zusammenfassung

29ecf5f2804361924c1383a04f19e65e

2 Likes

It was suggested a few years ago but still not implemented. It is not the best missile but the devs were not giving it R-13M so…

1 Like

God I hope since it would be like putting south Korea into Japan for both Germany and the USSR.

Plus if it was added as a new nation it would open the door for EE nations

7 Likes

AGM-122 is probably the only ARM that will not break balance right now - and the only realistic one to be introduced, without the silly HARM on shilka thing from RTS games, since it is meant to sniff onto smaller radars.
They only have a range of 16.5km, still outranging VT1, ADATS and even pantsir, but that needs to be fired at a decent altitude for that to come into fruition. The thing is, the sidearm is mainly used on A-10Cs and harriers, so they would hardly get that chance to exploit the range. Needless to mention the worries for CAP in the battlefield.
If the missile was to be fired in a ~1000m RALT altitude, it woud probably have a range of 10km, which is still at the edge of VT1 range, and at that range pantsirs would struggle to hit them as well. Yet this meant little margin of error for the SEAD player, otherwise they would be intercepted just like usual.

1 Like

and the AGM-45 Shrike

1 Like

If the inertial guidance was not implemented, then probably. Turning off radar would of course be a viable option. Kh-25MP for those who does not have access to shrikes, which is equally antique to the shrike.

Why not? To defeat the Shrike all you have to do is turn off your radar and move a couple meters away. The warhead isn’t that big

1 Like

Oops, I mean reaquiring mechanics