Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion

Get them down to 11.3 and get SXXI and AZUR a better shell.
Since theyre 120 nato compat might as well use DM53.

Ye

Ah yes, 66% top-tier things, 30% previously leaked things, 4% other.
They aren’t even trying anymore, are they.

11 Likes

Because even the first Leclercs proto (that Gaijin is afraid to add) was superior to actual modern leopards and Abrams, it’s not me who say that it’s Gaijin words and act on our BR and gaps :))))

Only us have to fight 11.7 MBT with stock HEATFS on our 11.7, that’s another proof of our superiority. /s

Also solves the issue where France does not have a tier 7 premium. Every tree shalld be invaded by wallet warriors raaa, something like UAE leclercs(They are a former British colony cough cough)

swedish leclerc armor trials
Sweden planned improving the armor with add on beak armor

Possible North Korean subtree

I never seen the word possible in leaks lol

1 Like

I know that very well, Leclercs armore in WT are from trial used on a proto Leclerc.

Leclerc S2 add 2Tons more armor than the S1, but not a single mm more ingame. (S2 should be placed before the S1 ingame, it’s 100% the same tank but just heavier somehow)
Leclerc SXXI add titanium bar inside the armor, but all we have is some mm more on the gunner side.

They are just totally butchered, lack their best shell (when other country have theirs), but somehow Gaijin is afraid to give us premium like that among the 7 Leclercs worked on before the S1 xD

And of course Gaijin don’t want to work on hyperbar engine, Leclercs act like basic diesel engine like every other MBT when it’s not the case IRL. Absurd to see Leopards or other going at the same speed with inferior engine and more weight.

I see, so the A-6E SWIP meme doesn’t make it correct anymore does it…
Speaking of, @Smin1080p_WT, did the devs change their mind on a tech tree A-6E or not? Any clues you can give us on that particular subject?

1 Like

Really wish they just buff the leclerc armor, it should be as weak as it is in-game

Thankfully i have the old warthunder forums post in the armor trials saved

1 Like

Armor and also shells at least would be nice.

I wonder why some years ago almost everybody got full new shells but not us.

They have better armor and same mobility (already stupid but anyway) and somehow Gaijin think they deserved to lolpen us anywhere.

Even my adats apds can bottom plate a leclerc from like 500m

BuT aRiEtEs

They have spall liners now, and somehow the only time the liner is relevant is when I shot a DTC10 into its right cheek
Also CL3142 can probably just oneshot BVM into its lower part of the breech, idk if the OFLF1 can do that.

A T-34-85 can OS a Leclercs in the mantlet or in the LFP, telling you enough about the protection Gaijin gived to the most costy MBT of it’s era.

And of course we can dream to have things like the auto targeting things that Leclercs have since the 90s and Abrams today don’t even have last tim i cheked.

If Germany can have a better pen on their event vehicle that any of our TT MBTs, we need SHARD Apfsds right now for at least the SXXI.

1 Like

Little peck on the cheek to wish them goodnight

The ariete buff backfired. Well, havent played it much since spall liners were introduced so cant say much about it. But I still remember the incident.

The firepower really isn’t that balanced. The better pen does not balance out the 2.5 seconds reload and like half the gun depression.

The vilkas has almost 6 HP/ton more. Now I know that the Boxer MGS weighs more, but the question is what engine does it use? The vilkas uses an ~810 HP engine while in suggestions for the Boxer MGS there is talk of a 711 HP engine.

In the end you would have a much more versatile and frankly much much better vehicle at the same BR.

I think they are just naturally two designs. The stryker is meant to be a tank destroyer, so they are expected to effectively one-shot anything it faces both IRL and IWT. The 500+ pen allows it to frontally threaten MBTs up to 11.0 but it is expect to one-shot them or the stryker is dead. The CT-CV and upcoming MGS are meant to quickly shift positions even without a clean kill because their handling is pretty questionable when it comes to facing off multiple well-armored foes. This is like object 292 compared to T-80UD.

1 Like

I think my position is the more reasonable one. Yeah it is only one vehicle, but I disagree that it’s more likely that Norway and Denmark are going to be given to Germany after already being added to Sweden. I don’t think there’s any evidence to support that. And as you say, they would be useful to further expand Swedish air which could use some support.

And yeah, Finland is mostly c&p, but so is every other sub-tree after South Africa. That’s not really the point.

Ultimately, we can’t predict what Gaijin will do. We can only describe what we have now and make guesses based on the evidence of previous behavior.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but in all of War Thunder’s history, there has been only one precedent for Gaijin removing nations previously used as a support nation: the creation of a new independent nation tech tree. For example, Italian vehicles started out in Germany, Israeli vehicles in France, the UK, and USA, and a Swedish Centurion was also a premium for the UK.

Meanwhile, Vextra supposed to have 500mm+ of pen while being crazy mobile, but nerfed in both category by Gaijin, including reload rate nerf for the bonus (all that thanks to their lazy work on the nice 9.7/11.7 gap, they let for years this gap and now use it as excuse for nerfing vehicle) :